“Couldn't have been more helpful”
Review of Camelot Hotel

Camelot Hotel
Ranked #53 of 78 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Couldn't have been more helpful”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I was only staying there one night en route to Brittany next day but they couldn't have been more helpful. The hotel is in a quiet location with the Hoe at the end of the road and the centre of Plymouth within easy walking distance. Although the hotel advertise as being pet friendly, there were no pets to be seen at that time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Such a beautiful hotel, good pricing, friendly staff, good service, stunning rooms, we stayed in a double room, witch was absolutely beautiful, food was great at breakfast, we tried over 7 different hotels until we found the Camelot, they were very understanding of our situation, Staff were extremely helpful at all times, would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone, short walk from city center and hoe, very warm comfortable, friendly hotel. :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Stayed at the Camelot for 1 night in a twin room (No.16 top floor). The hotel is tucked away in a quiet street away, within approx 1min gentle walk to Plymouth Hoe. It is beautifully presented from the outside. Parking is on the street, and on arrival you are told that a permit costs £3 for 24hrs which seemed reasonable.

Greeted by friendly lady (assumed she was the owner) who confirmed our details and showed us to the room. We booked late so were on the top floor. Its a few flights of steps but manageable (sober at least..).

The room was pretty basic, clean and tidy but could perhaps do with a refresh as it was looking a bit tired (paint, new curtains). The bed was extremely comfortable, good quality mattress. The shower definately needed looking at as we struggled to get hot water in the morning. If I am honest I didnt report this at the time because we had to rush the next day.

The breakfast as others have said was excellent, again the same lady was very attentive and chatty in the morning. We had sore heads but she gave us lots of space and coffee.

Even though we had a dodgy shower the rest of the hotel was excellent and would definately consider stay again next time I am Plymouth.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2011

After visiting six other cities in the previous weeks(my partner and I are touring with wlesh national opera), we opened our room door in the Camelot and for the first time were not deflated to se our accommodation. We had a spacious, bright room with tasteful decor and quality finishings. Even with the bunk beds (as well as our double bed) there was plenty room on the floor for our puppy's crate and playpen (he travels in style, you know) without having to carefully walk around anything. The owners and staff were friendly and helpful without ever being intrusive and they gave us the best cooked breakfast I've had in years! No frills, just good food cooked to perfection and served with infectious enthusiasm and energy. Plymouth Hoe is about a minute up the (very quiet) street and the doggy enjoyed being taken up there for his walks every day. If you need a hotel in Plymouth thats reasonably priced I'd say go for it, if you have a dog then there surely can't be a better option (in my opinion!)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Friendly run hotel near to the seafront. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations in some of the bedrooms and looking at the one we were shown it looks like the refurb will just add to the character of this hotel. Breakfast is very good and the girl who served us had a great sense of humour. Helen couldnt have been more helpful when I advised her I was asthmatic. She ensured that the pillows and the quilt were hypoallergenic, and that the room was double vacuumed before our arrival... the room was spotless. This was our 2nd stay and we will stay again.. it is really good value for money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I picked this hotel after reading a few good reviews on trip advisor, I stayed with my boyfriend and one friend for 1 night in mid January. We had 2 double rooms. My friend booked and paid for a single room, but was given a double which was a nice surprise,

A bit of updating would go a really long way here. The décor is quite tired and outdated. The hotel and staff lacks atmosphere and personality. (I did not meet the owners).
I felt the room rate was reasonable for 1 night, being that it is situated in the city centre. The one plus side was that the breakfast was very good,

I was a bit disappointed with our stay. There was nothing terrible about any aspect of the hotel, how ever I would not return again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Having stayed in Plymouth City Centre, I researched online with laterooms.com and this B&B along with many others were at my fingure tips. With good price for nights stay the including breakfast I instantly booked.

The manager gave a curtusy phone call prior to my arriving, which was nice to know that room was in order if i wished to arrive before the 1pm entrance time. The staff were very friendly always willing to help where they could. On entering the B&B, became clear that it is well maintained & the propretors Helen & Norman were friendly which is warming.

The room was clean, fresh and stylish, bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean, overall I was very impressed. The was no phone in the room but there was always staff at the reception.

Breakfast was served from 7am onwards, for breakfast I was meet with warm invitation and order was taken, food was prompt, very good as was the service, this is a definate recommendation to anyone wishing for the same stay. Only a 5min walk to the city centre.

www.camelotplymouth.co.uk - take the time to acess their website and see for yourself

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business