“Very good ”

Ranked #358 of 863 Restaurants in Plymouth
Description: Kurdish-Arabic and Middle Eastern Food
Description: Kurdish-Arabic and Middle Eastern Food
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a very good place to eat, as soon as you sit down they bring you a dish of lentil soup, my daughter and I had the lamb Quzi for £7.50 each with rice, which also comes with another soup dish, I had the potato and tomato soup, also included was 2 large naan breads, the lamb was very good and plenty of it.
I have included a couple of photos plus the menu for you to look at.
I would highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (6)

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Visited for lunch for the second time. Food was exceptional and owners and staff were very friendly and courteous. Wish them every success in their new venture. Could not fault our lunch on both occasions. Well Done

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

This is a new place, only open for about a month I think, and we spotted it, or rather smelt it on the way down to the market.
It’s not a tiny place but when we called in for a late lunch there were very few places left. It’s all spotlessly clean & the staff are very friendly and helpful.
I think all main meals when eating in come with a free appetiser & today’s was a beautiful soup, nicely thick with pulses & delicious spicy flavours, I would say a decent pinch of zumac in there?
The mains are mostly grilled meats, as you might expect, accompanied with flat bread and /or rice & salad. Every single thing was so well cooked & full of flavour. The meats are so succulent & tender, the rice was nicely spiced & every grain separate from the next.
Tea is 50p for a tiny little cup, don’t expect boring everyday tea, it’s the real deal and again fabulous.
I really hope this place stays popular, it’s such good value & different to most stuff in the centre of town. We will definitely go back.
The only thing I would say as a negative was our own fault, we should have ordered some yogurt to go with our meals, that would have made it 11 out of 10.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Smokefree27
Reviewed August 22, 2019

Kurdish food has now acquired a great reputation for taste and quality over many years. Bamo is I think the first to set up in the very heart of town, in a roomy shop unit yards from Armada Way with an open kitchen, well constructed, reasonably priced menu and all served by a team of welcoming friendly efficient staff.

Date of visit: August 2019