“Great view but horrible food”
Review of Terrace Cafe

Terrace Cafe
Ranked #162 of 778 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Been a daytime snack bar built into old cliff face. Now advertising widely as offering full meals with new chef and open till late evening. A novelty facility in this area. Mixed reports of the food and the weather proofing. Needs comments.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I decided to stop here for a quick lunch. I had a bacon, brie and cranberry panini and my husband had a Cornish pasty. The bacon was mostly fat and the pasty had been microwaved so that all the pastry was soggy (not a good example of a pasty for tourists). The staff tried to clear the tables quickly because the pigeons decended on the tables almost as we were eating. The cafe has a prime location overlooking the sea and would be very pleasant in the sunshine - shame about the food.
Coffee was good.

1  Thank carolynDevon

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Love sitting here and go quite often, good for informal lunch, lovely setting, good menu, staff always friendly

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Over looking the harbour, the view is ever changing. This cafe totally surprised me. Clean, well prepared food and good value.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went back several times during our week in Plymouth. The young children with us were made very welcome. Rather nice touch that you are now offered fleeces to wrap around you in the evening.
Mike - I'm glad you were asked to put your top on . Most people don't want to look at bare flesh whatever size you are while they are eating. Keeping your clothes ON is the policy of most restaurants or cafes. Will definitely return there on next visit.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped at this sea side cafe by chance. it looked busy, but service was quite quick. The menu had plenty of choice. We like our ales and weren't disappointed as there was a good choice of bottled beers. My husband had a ham and mustard sandwich and I ordered the chicken caesar. The verdict on the sarnie was good, but my salad was great. Plenty of chicken, croutons, bacon and a super dressing. Really excellent. As a bonus the ice cream van at the top of the steps above the cafe was a treat as well.