“Nice meal”
Review of Seco Lounge

Seco Lounge
Ranked #62 of 754 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Seco Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bars open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Popped in here for a meal on the spur of the moment.

Very nice, friendly and helpful staff and a great atmosphere.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Seco lounge is an easygoing place to go and sit around on old couches, play scrabble, do a quiz or grab some food.

The drinks are quite expensive and there is the stupid car parking situation in the Royal William Yard but the food is of a good quality and very reasonably priced. Staff are friendly if not overly effcient and the location is great. On a nice day you can sit outside and it feels like you could be sat on the harbour in LaRochelle or somewhere, it feels more exotic than Stonehouse in Plymouth.

My favourite is the Hero Burger which is delicious - althogh greedy people like me would prefer more chips.

A great way to spend a relaxing afternoon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We booked our wedding reception here in December, and I could not recommend a better place. After being quoted extortionate amounts for other similar venues, we came to Seco for a quiet drink and instantly fell in love with the place. It's decor was perfect for the look we wanted, and the option of the wardroom for a private party really appealed. The food option was excellent - we were able to use their Christmas party menu and the food was exceptional. The food appeared to the right person - they had taken the time to find where people were sitting and what they had ordered, and was very generous in portion and beautiful to eat. I had many lovely comments from guests. I struggled to eat everything, but the price per head was exceptional value for what we got in return.

I wouldn't advise it for people who want lots of loud music and dancing, and a disco type atmosphere. The speakers are limited as people live upstairs. Was a little annoying at first but gave the impression of a friendly house party, with a nice area for dancing amd it was a lovely small wedding so perfect for us. We could control the music playlist easily.

Nothing was too much trouble. We decorated early in the morning of the wedding, and when we came down the next morning everything had been cleaned and tidied and ready for us to collect. The staff were friendly, helpful and gave service with a smile.

A very lovely day, and thank you to everyone who helped make it a very special day

1  Thank Garthvadar
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I decided to go to the Secco Lounge new years day of 2013 for breakfast. I am sorry I made the trip. The service was slow the comprehension of what I wanted fro breakfast was deeply misunderstood and resulted in me getting the following
over cooked bacon with any remaining fat retaining its gelatinous state
half a small tomato
a thimble of baked beans( truly it was and served in a little ramekin dish hiding under the unevenly cooked toast with an over cooked poach egg on it and a smattering of small and barely cooked mushrooms. This did not account fro the fact that I was served two pots of tea and when I queried this they said you ordered an extra one on top of the one that comes with breakfast( it would have been good to be informed that tea was part of the breakfast package)
the music was so loud I was unable to concentrate on my newspaper and resulted in all around me shouting so their companions could here them. Secco needs to greatly pull its socks up and to top it all staff were very poorly attired taking casual dress to blend with the casual dining to a whole new level!

1  Thank Rachel A
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have been to Seco many times, always had a good experience, so we decided to bring our New Year visitors for lunch yesterday. As always, helpful bar staff, terrific atmosphere and food just right for the occasion (lunch). Sadly the waiting on staff were obviously having an off day. After ordering post-lunch coffee, the waitress brought them over, dumped them amidst our dirty plates and stomped off empty-handed . We cleared our table ourselves. Either she was just a miserable soul, or had a bad hangover. Look , we know you have busy times, and get rushed......whatever....... but if you are in a service industry, give service, with a smile, otherwise take your bad attitude somewhere else. Seco, staff like this let you down, and diminished the eating experience for us and our friends. Please do better next time!

1  Thank Carosanto