“Great food and great atmosphere”
Review of The Bridge

The Bridge
Ranked #58 of 776 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Waterside restaurant and bar with stunning views over the marina and Cattewater. The Bridge is a relaxed modern restaurant with an ever changing and interesting menu along with good wines and beers. It's also a great coffee stop for the Coastal Path with dog friendly areas.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have been to the "Brunnings" restaurant several times in the last twoi years and we have never had a meal which has been less then very good. Love the position in a working Marina a few miles from the city centre at Mountbatten and whether at night or during the day there is always a great view out over the Catterwater. Especially good for seafood but also steaks and all other fare. Not bad value at all and I highly recommend this Restaurant

BruceBrunning, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thank you so much, we're delighted that you enjoy The Bridge so much and have visited our other places too. I have made sure the crew will read your comments which are very kind indeed. I hope we can make you happy for many years to come too!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had Sunday lunch at this establishment last week, 5th August, as it was my Father's birthday.

This is a nice restaurant, good decor, which overlooks the moorings in Mountbatten and affords a great view across the mouth of the Plym to Plymouth and the Sound. We were seated upstairs so had an ideal view of this. There was a lift on the premises also, so those who are elderly or who can't negotiate stairs very well have easy access to the first floor dining area.

We were a party of four - I had the Crab, my daughter had the vegetarian burger option, my Father and his wife the Sunday Roast Beef. I wasn't overly impressed with the seafood, but the vegetarian Mexican Bean Burger was good, and the roast dinner, apparently, excellent - served with a nice big fluffy Yorkshire.

My only real criticisms were: the lack of space - our table wasn't overly large in order to fit other tables on to the floor space, which meant we were a bit restricted fitting in all the dinner plates, drinks and side dishes - especially me who had to wrangle a greasy crab. The other thing was accompanying vegetables - the roasts came with a generous serving of meat and the Yorkshire, there was an additional tray of veg served, but there wasn't a great deal on it for two people. My crab came with a fresh salad on the plate, and some boiled baby potatoes. Considering the fact that there wasn't much meat on the crab, I could have done with something more substantial than a salad.

My daughter and I both had dessert - Lemon Tart and Sticky Toffee Pudding. Although nouvelle cuisine in portion size, they were well made and delicious.

Where this restaurant really excelled though was with their staff. Not only was everyone polite and friendly, but nothing was too much trouble. My Father doesn't have full use of the left hand side of his body due to a stroke he suffered some years ago. One of the waitresses, (possibly the manager), happily stepped in to assist and after serving him some vegetables volunteered to cut up his beef. This was unexpected, and extremely kind of her.

BruceBrunning, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your meal with us and that the crew made you welcome. Bruce.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The bridge is in a lovely location, with awesome views across the city centre. The food was absolutely delicious. And the service was fantastic, and the value is ok

BruceBrunning, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thanks Thomas, a kind review indeed. The views are great aren't they - not just a sea view but an interesting one with lots of stuff happening. Sorry you thought is was a little expensive; we do like to buy the best raw materials we can - maybe that's why the food is so good - and pay the crew properly so I'm afraid we will never be the cheapest! Really appreciate your comments. Bruce.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We went to the Bridge for our Ruby Wedding Anniversary last night and all l can say is it was OUTSTANDING!!! We have never ever enjoyed a meal like that before.The chef even sent my dessert plate out with happy anniversary piped on it,amazing.Thankyou so so much

BruceBrunning, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

....... and another Happy Anniversary wish from me!

Thanks a million for taking the time and trouble to write such a good review. It makes such a difference to us all to know that we helped give you a special night out. I shall make sure the crew read you review - it'll brighten up their day! Thank you.

Bruce.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Consistently good food good wine and excellent service. Our waitress Charlotte was outstanding. We recommend this place for any occasion. If you haven't yet been please do - you won't be disappointed.

Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you very much indeed for such a lovely review. We are delighted you have enjoyed your visits and hope you have many more - with better weather if possible! I have passed your comments on to the crew.