“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Glassblowing House - CLOSED

The Glassblowing House
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This 70 cover restaurant is first class dining with sensational views of Sutton Harbour. This fantastic setting is in the heart of Plymouth's buzzing Barbican. The Glassblowing House is a unique building keeping with the Glassblowing Theme it once was. There is a theatre-style kitchen and the menu changes daily to ensure the freshest food is served from the local area.
“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I went to celebrate her birthday. The service was excellent and our waitress Scarlet was brilliant and extremely helpful. The timing between our courses was appropriate and I would recommend the Sea Bream. We will be returning very soon.

• Visited March 2014

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Good location and interesting building with good food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

The building and location are good and the service was friendly and efficient. Food was good but not outstanding. We used a promotional set menu fixed price deal and overall this was quite good value for money. I'm not sure the full priced version would be but such good value. The main downside is the owner behind the operation but that is a purely personal opinion.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Squigilouigi
Plymouth
“Gary Rhodes eat your heart out!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

The restaurant I had chosen had changed so my husband suggested here. I was skeptical because the previous time when I looked at the menu it looked very boring. I was pleasantly surprised this time.
The restaurant is beautifully decorated and even at night the view is worth seeing. We had a sharing plate for starters and then I had the trio of pork which was delicious. (The bottom layer of pork was a bit dry though). The waiter suggested there was not enough veg with the dish so i ordered some spinach, but i didn't really need it. We were too full for pudding so had coffee instead and I enjoyed my decaff cappuccino.
This is the level of cooking I expect when I go to the Dome, but don't get.
It was a bit more pricey than we expected.

• Visited March 2014
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Nothing but praise for the Glass Blowing House, food excellent, decor lovely, staff very helpful.
Would recommend to family and friends.

• Visited April 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely place for relaxed meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Have been to the Glassblowing House on many occasions and have never been disappointed. Had Christmas meals there, which is usually a time when restaurants (even good ones) can get it horribly wrong, but it was superb. We've enjoyed breakfasts, lunches and evening meals and we've always found the service to be good. Serving staff nice and friendly and generally there is a relaxed atmosphere and we've never felt rushed to get out.

Prices are reasonable and portion sizes are good and food very tasty. Definitely recommend it for any mealtime.

• Visited February 2014