“Two night stay.”
Review of Barbican Reach

Barbican Reach
Ranked #7 of 79 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just home from a very pleasant two night stay here. Thoroughly recommend to anyone looking for a good base for time in Plymouth.
Room was spotlessly clean; well decorated in a non-fussy way. bed comfy, all amenities (en-suite, wi-fi - though didn't use that, coffee, tea, etc.; best of all, for someone hearing impaired like me, the TV has subtitles!! So many hotels nowadays simply don't. Incredibly annoying.
Breakfast is apparently legendary - can see why now!! Again, cooked fresh to order, NOT silently congealing on a hotplate as is often case in large chain hotels. Proper coffee, crusty fresh bread, and house specialities (menu gave three - wish I'd stayed 3rd night to teat them all!)
Quiet area, but very close to all bars, restaurants, etc. of Barbican area. I walked to Rhodes at the Dome & Tanner Bros. places from here - no problem. 5 minutes from excellent National Marine Aquarium too. £5 taxi ride from station, or 20 minute walk (depending how fit & how much luggage!)
Would (and possibly will) stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The B&B is advertised as being quiet, which it delightfully is but by no means isolated. So very close to Barbican life it is the perfect location for restaurants & bars. Really clean (very important!) with a comfortable bed & great friendly service this really is the perfect place to stay. Needless to say, we will be calling Rob again to make a booking. Thank you for giving us a great weekend Rob.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

A great little B&B in a very central location. The hosts couldn't be more helpful, car parking can be problem but they arranged for a spot to be saved. You need to book your 'slot' for Breakfast as it is cooked to order. We had the attic room which has a shower in the room and the toilet just across the landing, but it was only used by us.

Room Tip: You need to be close friends to have the attic room as the shower is in the room. If this is a probl...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked a 3 night stay at Barbican Reach B&B on the strength of the excellent reviews, photos, location & pricing & I can honestly say that it lived up to my expectations & more........... I simply can't fault it.
The location is perfect in that it's very quiet at night, yet so incredibly close to the Barbican area pubs, restaurants & shops...... it's also very close to the seafront, Hoe & town centre.
I walked from the train station to Barbican Reach in a straight line through the centre of town in a very short space of time (had it been raining, I would have taken a cab).
Rob is the perfect host & his choice of cooked breakfasts, witty menu & secret recipe coffee are all excellent.
I have never stayed at such a clean & well kept B&B, everything is well looked after & maintained to a very high degree.
Rob was very accommodating in allowing me to check in early due to train times........ & after checking out at 10am on the Monday morning, there was no problem in leaving my suitcase there until mid afternoon.
Alfie

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AlfieEleven
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Rob was waiting outside for us upon arrival, to show us where to park. Outside another Guest House down the Road.
We had two rooms booked, my hubby and I took the ground floor one (room 5) The room is very basic, En-suite lovely everything is spotlessly clean. The view only the yard, but hey ho. Although you may feel the urge to do a bit of recycling and weeding.
Breakfast was to order, mainly microwaved but I have to say very tasty.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Recently had a very pleasant stay at the Barbican Reach. The room was spacious, clean, bright and airy. Rob was an attentive host at all times, helping us with luggage, parking and information on places to visit. Breakfast was first class and cooked to order. Definitely one place I recommend if visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Pat H
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at Barbican Reach for two nights - location suited us perfectly as we could park the car and walk almost everywhere we wanted to see in Plymouth.

Very impressed with the overall quality of the decor. Our room, en suite on the top floor, was spotless, comfortable and not cramped.

Rob & Sue very friendly and helpful - told us about taking the ferry from Barbican to KWY and eating at River Cottage Canteen which was excellent.

Rob's eggy,cheesy, bacon on a raft was breakfast of choice for my husband both days.

If you are looking for somewhere well located and reasonably priced to stay in Plymouth I recommend Barbican Reach - we'll be looking to stay again if we need to return to Plymouth.

Room Tip: Room 1, en suite on the top floor, looking out towards the green, can accommodate 2 plus 1 so is ver...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple