“Very well positioned for the fireworks at the Hoe!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Barbican Reach

Barbican Reach
Ranked #7 of 84 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Very well positioned for the fireworks at the Hoe!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed here for one night in a family room to watch the British Firework Championship display at Plymouth Hoe, which is about a minute's walk away!
The hosts were very helpful and friendly, the room was clean and bright and breakfast was excellent - freshly cooked to order.
We were in a first floor room at the front of the house and there was some noise during the night, but I think this was due to late-night revellers returning after the firework displays and was probably not typical.
As others have noted, you need to be careful to find a proper parking space but Rob is able to provide a guest parking pass which is much cheaper than paying by the hour.
I would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cavan, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights on Aug 4th at the Barbican Reach Rob & Sue are lovely hosts made us feel very welcome. Can;t fault this place, spotless, great breakfast, great location,
perfect for visiting Plymouth.

One word of warning when visiting Plymouth beware the parking attendants, we were made aware by Rob that we needed a parking disc for the day (very reasonable £2). we parked took our cases to the B&B collected the parking disc and put it on but hey in the 5 mins that took the over zealous parking attendant had a ticket on us!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed at the b&b in July 2012 and can only say positive things. We stayed in the twin room,it was perfect.lovely ensuite and had been decorated to a great standard. It's location was perfect and was less than 5 mins walk from the barbican and the hoe just a little further. Rob and sue were extremely friendly and welcoming. The breakfasts were brilliant,freshly cooked every morning to order. Highly recommend the "barbican raft" as it's delicious! Overall can't say enough about this lovely b&b,will definitely stay again and recommend!!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My sister and I stayed for 4 nights in the very reasonably priced Barbican Reach whilst househunting in the area in July 2012. We really can't recommend it highly enough, whatever your reason for visiting Plymouth. Our room was bright, airy and spotless and the beds super comfortable. Sue and Rob are the perfect hosts; really made us feel welcome and at home, and were never overbearing. Breakfast is cooked to order and was delicious (we would highly recommend the 'Barbican Raft' - so yummy we ate it nearly every day!). Although I have now moved to Plymouth I may well return for another little break! Cheers guys, Monice and Megan Boyce.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

After hiking the Tamar Valley I arrived in Plymouth for the day and my pack was weighing a bit heavy. Apparently the city council has deemed a locker service of any kind in the city too dangerous.
Rob, the owner of the Barbican Reach, was kind enough to let me leave my bag with him for the day. When I was ready to pick it up a little early he came straight away, we chatted for a bit and then I went on my way. I wished I was staying the night, as I can only imagine how excellent the service would have been had I been a paying customer.
The small B&B was neat and tidy, and charming, nestled comfortably in its beautiful setting in Plymouth's stunning Barbican neighbourhood, the old town. Their lovely dining room overlooks Lambay Hill, with the harbour and open ocean just out of sight on the hill's other side, a short walk indeed.
Thanks much Rob for the kindness and common sense.

Cheers,
John

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed on the night of the 18th July.2012 .Sue made us very welcome and sorted the parking for us.Our room,a very nice double bedroom with all the trimmings and on the first floor,just like home from home.Really first class.We both,my wife and myself had a really good nights sleep,the bed was so comfortable. Then the breakfast was to set us up for the day,plenty of it,good selection ,and freshly cooked by Rob..Two very nice people,thanks Sue and Rob..We will book again soon.Kind regards from,Molly and Roger Nankivell..Crewe,Cheshire.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Barbican Reach
A very reasonably priced establishment, at the very heart of where it is at in Plymouth. If you ring prior to arrival the proprietor Rob, will do his best to assist you with parking. It can be a problem but if timed correctly it works ok. Once settled in you will find in the immediate vicinity all you will want in Plymouth within walking distance. Very clean, good breakfast, obliging owner. if the occasion arises I will certainly return.
..tonyfmarsh

Room Tip: The family rooms are larger and recommended for stays longer than one night