“my visit to see a newest member of the family”

Roman House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Roman House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #54 of 79 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I went to visit my son and greatgrand son who was born on 2/6 on 1st & 2nd july I stayed at Roman house as I have done the last 6 times that I have been to plymouth as always I was made to feel like an old friend. the room was spotless / comfortable bed I slept well both nights nothing is to much trouble for mike and ania i will always stay at roman house when ever i go to plymouth its my home from home. many thanks mike & ania see you next time x x

Room Tip: room was large and sunny and has kettel to make that early morning cuppa
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked Roman House primarily for its' proximity to Plymouth pool where I was competing. I stayed two nights and slept well both nights as it is a quiet location. I had good breakfasts both mornings and I'd certainly stay again. Thanks Mike.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked the Roman House for a one night short stay, the place was great. From walking in the front door you could tell this was going to be a good comfortable and clean stay. The room was large, clean and comfy, the bed was so comfy we are now shopping for a new one at home. The car was safe in the gated off road parking and the house is set back off of the road so it was very quiet. Being regular visitors to Plymouth i would recommend it and defo stay again. The hosts were also great and hello to Kit, who my wife wanted to bring home with us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was the 4th time I had stayed at Roman house 7/7/12 although I have not been to plymouth for two years I was greeted like an old friend .. I had a single room this time and was not disappointed the bed was very comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean as always ...I would like to say sorry to mike and ania for taking so long to wright my review ... and say see you next time I come down to plymouth to see my son.
best regards Denise

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank angelnurse4
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our stay at Roman House was a very pleasant one. The room was very large and spacious and the bed was comfy! (Always a bonus when you stay away from home).
It was very clean, secure parking, and in a quiet location.

We would would stay here again, and have recommended it to friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have just spent 3 nights at the Roman House B&B as a party of myself and my husband, my sister, my daughter and her boyfriend. The rooms are indeed large and the house was spotless, but having read the previous reviews, we were disappointed. For example, I feel it is very unfair to offer a double room which doesn't even have a double bed. The bed was probably big enough for 2 slight teenagers, but a pair of pillows extended over the edge of the bed by 3 or 4 inches each side, so could hardly be described as a double. Mike did put another single in for us to make us more comfortable, but this was also a small single. The boiler in the house is only adequate for a normal family home, not a B&B business, so the hot water soon ran out when we were all trying to have showers to go out to a party. The breakfast was very nice, but I wouldn't describe it as huge (two thin slices of bacon, half a tomato, a spoonful of beans and one egg, with toast). The biggest problems with the breakfast was that it was served so early (between 7 and 8 on weekdays and up to 8.30 at weekends) and we were asked to stagger the meals so that they didn't have to cook them all at once. I didn't expect there to be a problem with cooking 5 small breakfasts in one go! On our last morning, my sister was served her breakfast 25 minutes after my husband was served his. Another big disappointment is that, on the website, it says that tea and coffee facilities are provided in the rooms, but in fact, they do not provide coffee. Not everybody likes tea. I know you get what you pay for, and this was very reasonably priced. However, I feel a bit of money spent on things like a double bed, electric showers and COFFEE would go a long way.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We came to Plymouth overnight for a family wedding at The Dockyard which was only a five minute taxi ride away. We had a lovely warm welcome from Mike who was very helpful. The rooms were very large and most comfortable, and breakfast was cooked just right, very filling with plenty on offer. The secure parking was a bonus. If we come to Plymouth again we would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family