“Not as good as expected” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eastern Eye Indian Restaurant

Eastern Eye Indian Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 702 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Eastern Eye Restaurant in Plymouth has been serving some of the best contemporary Indian cuisine direct from Bangladesh for over twenty years. Welcome to one of Plymouth's best loved Indian restaurants. Fresh ingredients are used wherever possible alongside the finest authentic herbs and spices shipped directly from India and Bangladesh. This means everything served in the restaurant is cooked fresh to order. At busy times there can sometimes be a short wait for your food but we always endeavour to serve you promptly. We are open on Christmas Day from 1pm - 6pm.
Plymouth, Devon, UK
“Not as good as expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have visited the Eastern Eye on many occasions previously and always found the food very good . However we were quite dissappointed with last nights offering . On previous occasions I have had a good duck curry and my friend a very tasty lamb curry - however there appears to have been a menu change and neither dishes were on the new menu . After speaking to the waiter we ordered similar dishes which were ok but not as good the ones we had before . The Butterfly prawn starter was also not as nice as on other occasions .and we wondered if there has been a change of chef . The service was rushed and rather indifferent and we didnt feel terribly welcome or comfortable as it was busy and I think they wanted a quick turnover. So I think we will be visiting one of the many other Indian restaurants in the area in future .

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Scorpiomoonli

Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great curry evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Found this restaurant by asking around for a good Curry restaurant. It is a quirky place with a lot of glass used in the decoration along with the traditional colours and pictures. Tables a bit small if you are a party of four. The food was great, the best curry I have had for years served by a helpful and friendly staff. Well worth a visit.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Plymouth, England
“INDIAN DELIGHT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Second visit for my husband and I to this restaurant and to say we were not disappointed would be an understatement. The service is always excellent and the food is simply top notch. Excellent menu and the description of the food meant that I could try something a bit different in the knowledge that it would meet up to my expectations. Good portion sizes and no problems if you require a doggy bag to enable you to enjoy it again the next day. The place is absolutely spotless and we would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a high class indian meal. Well done to The Eastern Eye management and staff you should be very proud! Chris and Jude, Plymouth.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Best Indian restsurant in Devon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Came here on Sunday and ordered a Tandori Chicken starter and a Mushroom Pannier pollock.

The meal was very tasty.

The head Chef came out and introduced himself in a freindly manner and I even good a free naan bread and a 20% discount.

I will be back for more.

Thanks again.

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“I'll b going back again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

For the second time I took my two adult daughters here on 28 June. They are very welcoming and the service is excellent. Bangla beer is a good choice for your drink. The menu is very varied with many dishes you don't find in the average 'indian' restaurant. (Actually they are mostly Bengali but they don't always tell you!) Anyway the menu has many dishes I have never seen before and many are fish, reflecting the location of Bangla Desh on the delta. Even so No. 2 daughter decided to ask for something that wasn't on the menu -but they willingly cooked it for her specially anyway .
We like it and want to go back soon -but it's not the cheapest -however quality costs. You may find the expensive exotic decor to your taste -or not.

• Visited June 2013