“Christmas Taster”

Fishbone Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #472 of 722 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fishbone at Future Inn hotel, Plymouth serves great British food with a Contemporary West Country Flavour. Our restaurant uses the finest locally sourced ingredients presented in an informal relaxed manner, offering fresh food all day every day in an inviting, fresh, contemporary environment. Fishbone is open to serve breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner all day everyday from 7.00am until 10.00pm and 9.30pm on Sunday. Booking is required,to secure a table please call the number or email us.
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Christmas Taster”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Shocking ! Don't book....cold food, overcooked veg undercooked spuds, sore faced staff, rude DJ If this was an attempt to encourage people to book a christmas function here ...they failed!!!!.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Melanie R

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Oh dear...”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stay in the hotel a lot - rooms are good value and very comfortable...but the restaurant leaves much to be desired - particularly the service, and the food isn't much better. I've eaten there 3 times - a sad (and cold) lamb shank covered with a glutinous and nondescript oversweet sauce, a plate of nachos with cold chilli and grilled fish with grey vegetables.

Service is at best patchy - you may get asked for a drink when you sit down...you may not. You can get completely ignored - or get someone asking you how your meal is every few minutes. As a business traveller, it's often convenient to eat in a hotel restaurant - quite frankly I'd get a McDonalds from across the road.

However, if you're a beer drinker, they do serve a good pint!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Phil F
Exeter
“Faulty Towers meets Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This is either the worst or the funniest place I have ever eaten. When we arrived the restaurant was empty and we were told we could sit anywhere so we selected a table and were told sorry not there. We then selected steak burgers to then 10 minutes later be told sorry but tere are no steak burgers. So we changed the order to roast beef sandwich and then told there is also no roast beef, so we selected stripsteak on garlic bread, to be finally told in fact the is no beef at all, instead of appologising the waitress then told us she was going home in 5 minutes and couldn't wait. Anyway, cutting a long story short they eventually delivered the food and got one of the meals wrong and delivered the drinks and forgot one. The sad thing is, the food was actually quite nice.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank AnthonyReview
Callington, United Kingdom
“Terrible lunch experience”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I called here for lunch on Tuesday whilst in Plymouth. Although the restaurant had only 3 tables occupied, the service was very slow. Having ordered our drinks it took 10 minutes for them to be served. We were surprised that a restaurant called 'Fishbone' had only one fish dish on the menu - fried fish and chips. However we ordered a favourite dish, not often seen on menus - savoury meat balls and mashed potatoes. It took at least a further 35 minutes for the meals to arrive and when they did the 'mashed' potato was cold and was not only lumpy but contained whole uncooked potatoes. I took them to the bar as there was no waiting staff in the restaurant to whom I could complain. Overall we wasted over an hour for a lunch we did not have. Although I live near Plymouth I will not be visiting this restaurant again.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank David S
plymouth
“The worst meal I have had for years.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Sunday 14/04/2013

I had the unfortunate experience of eating at this 'restaurant' on Sunday.
Lunch menu - small enough choice without being informed that half of the items were not available.
We were only intrested in a light meal so went for the club sandwich and we were going to finish with coffee and cheeseboard, but informed the cheeseboard was off!!!!
Its a bloomin hotel/restaurant for goodness sake. Why was the cheeseboard off.
Because they crackers had not been delivered. There is a marks and sparks not 2 mins walk from there. OMG. Faulty towers or what!
Not a difficult choice for the chef you would hope. Sorry did I say chef!!

1. Whilst I appreciate that 'Club Sandwich' can come in various forms .....
The toast was cheap bread and stone cold and burnt.
OK the fillings are not always hot but freezing was too much.
The side salad was at least 24 hours old - more than likely last nights left overs and completely un-edible which made us then worry about the salad on the sandwich and we know how dangerous old salad can be for food posioning.
The fries were edible but made me realise that I would have had a better meal at the Macdonalds across the way and it would have hot and fresh and considerably cheaper than this bunch of cowboys.

Did I pay!! Well it so happens that we had received a voucher because our friends Christmas meal had been such a let down they had given them free vouchers that they could not use.
I gave them the voucher - not because it was worth it but because I would never go back there if it was the last meal on earth.

How do these people make any money!

• Visited April 2013