“charming and excellent value” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sinai House
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Lynton
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“charming and excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

We stayed during the autumn school half-term break and were surprised how quiet the area was, the hotel included (we had the whole top floor to ourselves).
The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Breakfast was full and proper (best fried bread ever), well cooked and served in a very relaxed setting.
The dining room has beautiful sea & coastal views, as did our rooms.

What we really liked about this little gem of a hotel was the fact that it was not pretentious in any way. Everything was basic, yet sufficient and pleasant, yet exactly right. (the only thing we couldn't get working was one of the TVs, probably because we pressed the wrong buttons, but we soon gave up, as who would want to watch the box if you can wonder downhill to the town and eat & drink the local produce?

The staff were brilliant - nothing was too much trouble.
We had a great time here and would not hesitate in booking again.

One thing to be aware of is the narrow road to the hotel. If you miss this and carry on up the hill (as we did, of course) you'd better have a suitable car to navigate the very steep hill before you reach Station Hill!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank staghunter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Bedfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is at least my 4th stay in Sinai House over the past few years. Me and my freind have stayed here as an ideal base for hiking and fitness training in the wonderful Lynton, Exmoor.

The location is great, the service offered in exceptional, a hearty breakfast to get you ready for a long days walking, and nice rooms all at a fantastic price.

I will certainly be returning here again, and would rate it as one of the best places I have stayed!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jimbo85
wiltshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

I was greeted at the door by the lovely colin who immediately took my heavy ruck sack from me inspite of having an arm injury himself, took me to a lovely single room which was spotless, very comfortable bed and wonderful views of lynmouth and the coast. I had just walked from porlock and it was lovely to see my route from the window. Colin couldnt have been more friendly or helpful if he had tried, giving me wonderful advice about the southwest coast and he was great company in the evening as i was on my own he chatted to me all evening making me laugh for most of it. Breakfast was really good and plentful, extra special touches were the fresh fruit of strawberries and melon as well as your normal fruits. I told colin a rarely go anywhere twice but i think this B&B will be the exception as i would love to go there again but with my partner so well done colin and thanks for making my stay so relaxed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Banbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

Stayed only the one night. What a fabulous location- fantastic views!!! Arrived early to park car and met Colin the owner, who readliy recomended a local walk which I undertook and enjoyed hugely. Room was a good size and very clean and bright. Breakfast was lovley, served enthusiastically by Colin, who again did everything he could to ensure my stay was enjoyed!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Kent, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Sinai House B & B for seven nights recently.
The B & B has eight rooms all of which have a view across Lynton to the sea. The house is very clean and tastefully decorated as befits this type of building.
Our room had an en suite bathroom that looked quite new, facilities in the room including tea, coffee etc drink making, supplied biscuits and sweets daily.
Breakfasts were superb and Colin the owner was only too pleased to accommodate any combinations of the cooked fare on offer.
Colin was also very kind and always offered suggestions for days out or walks etc.
My wife and I found Colin, Carmel and the Sinai House to be wonderful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Silvaed
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

When I found this B&B on the North Devon website I thought surely there must have been a misprint on the price. Then I suspected it would turn out to be cheap n' cheerful, but not terribly comfortable or clean. Happily I was wrong on both. It's a great place and incredibly good value with beautiful views of the sea. The rooms are just what you'd want in a cozy B&B with lots of nice little details, like bottles of mineral water and chocolate sweets. The owners are lovely and helpful, offering lots of advice and directions and cooking a super breakfast. An absolute bargain -- I will be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
west midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

We recently stayed for the second year running at this friendly hotel. We are a group of kit car owners (westfields) and tour variour parts of england for 1 week each year. We so enjoyed our stay with Colin at Sinai House last year that we decided to stay again this year. The Hotel is very clean the breakfast sets you up for the day and every taste is catered for. Nothing is to much trouble for Colin and he goes the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. Thanks again Colin x

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank westfield_9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynton
The Seawood Hotel
#3 of 5 in Lynmouth
The Rising Sun Hotel
The Rising Sun Hotel
#1 of 5 in Lynmouth

Been to Sinai House? Share your experiences!