Stayed here during the Easter Bank Holiday after we found this place on a ‘dog friendly hotels’ website. The drive (from Berkshire) to Exmoor was amazing and driving into Lynmouth and Lynton is great, it felt like we were abroad!
Luckily the car park was almost empty (I read some comments here about the car park being crammed) and when we walked into the hotel it was like visiting your lovely nan’s house, we loved it. We were promptly checked in and dog was made welcome as well.
The view from our hotel room was definitely the best thing, so lovely! The room was spacious enough and the shower was good. I did find the bed too small, but we’re used to a European sized 160 cm bed, which is a bit bigger than UK double beds so that’s not the hotels fault. The toilets make a lot of sound when they flush, but it only lasts a few seconds.
We loved the ginger biscuits in our room every day and the tea making facilities. The breakfast was very good, both the full English and the vegetarian breakfast. For a hotel where we could bring our dog and have breakfast included for around £95 a night we thought it was good value.
- Friendly helpful staff
- Amazing views, close to the Valley of Rocks and close to Lynton town and the clifftop railway to Lynmouth (we walked everytime though, the queue for the railway was insane)
- Good breakfast
- Dog friendly and yet a very clean hotel & room
To be mindful of:
- If you are not a confident or experienced driver, you’ll be in trouble here reversing out of this car park, its very steep and you’ll have to be VERY careful. We didn’t have any problems but I let my other half do all the driving!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of The North Cliff Hotel. All our 11 en-suite rooms have some of the finest sea and coastal views in North Devon. Situated on The South West Coastal Path with the famous water powered Cliff Railway linking Lynton and Lynmouth passing within a few feet of the hotel. We welcome children, dogs and groups and have a car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your North Cliff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Cliff Lynton
- North Cliff Hotel Lynton, Exmoor National Park