Didn't expect too much at the price paid but the food was terrible. Burnt bacon, fried egg which was a poached egg reheated on a griddle. Dinner was burnt fishcakes or anything else burnt. Vegetables undercooked or like slops. Room not clean. Wallpaper falling of wall. Some waiters had no idea. Electric failed on Sunday and we were told it was the maintenance mans day off but they would try to have it fixed. It was only after us getting really anoyed that appeared to come up with a solution. Entertainment virtually non existent exept for quizzes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel located in the picturesque village of Lynton on the North Devon Coast, this early Victorian Hotel retains many aspects of its original charm. There is an impressive atrium in the lounge, where entertainment is provided most evenings. It is located within Exmoor National Park, in the heart of the village of Lynton, overlooking the twinned village of Lynmouth, known as Little Switzerland. The Villages are linked by a masterpiece of early engineering, The Cliff Railway, built in 1890. There are good local amenities and stunning scenic walks only minutes away. All rooms in the hotel are en suite with many enjoying scenic views of the Bristol Channel to Wales. The Valley of Rocks is the ideal location for walkers or those who simply wish to explore the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Valley Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Bay Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton, Exmoor National Park