We stayed at the hotel on a Shearings Coach Holiday and only booked a few days before so got a bargain price. Taking that into account we weren’t too disappointed to get a room (84) that hadn’t been refurbished as it was clean, comfortable and warm, but with paint peeling off the door and doorframe and the bathroom especially looking rather tatty, it is time it had a refurbishment and it would have been nice to have a shower instead of a bath. Breakfasts were very good but the evening meals a bit hit and miss, but the desserts were always very nice. The staff were very pleasant and the waiters and waitresses worked very hard bustling around. There was free wi-fi if you registered with icloud – telephone reception was very bad. There was always a quiz followed by a different entertainer in the evening who we felt were very good, and a couple of evenings there was Bingo as well. We went on an included trip to Dartington Crystal which was worth going on and we enjoyed the cream tea, although it would have been better to go in an afternoon as we were still full after our big breakfast to eat a large scone with jam and cream, although we did manage it! We had a short stay of 45 mins in Minehead for the other tour and then on to Dunster, and we just had time for a quick visit to the Castle as we are National Trust members. Fortunately we didn’t go down with the sicky bug which some of the other people did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel located in the picturesque village of Lynton on the North Devon Coast, this early Victorian Hotel retains many aspects of its original charm. There is an impressive atrium in the lounge, where entertainment is provided most evenings. It is located within Exmoor National Park, in the heart of the village of Lynton, overlooking the twinned village of Lynmouth, known as Little Switzerland. The Villages are linked by a masterpiece of early engineering, The Cliff Railway, built in 1890. There are good local amenities and stunning scenic walks only minutes away. All rooms in the hotel are en suite with many enjoying scenic views of the Bristol Channel to Wales. The Valley of Rocks is the ideal location for walkers or those who simply wish to explore the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Valley Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Bay Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton, Exmoor National Park