We have recently been on a ‘turkey & tinsel’ break to this hotel – and had a lovely time.
The hotel is in a fabulous position and even better if you pay for a sea view (which we did). Our view was over the bay, cliffs and sea, what a treat to wake up to that every morning.
The food was very good with plenty of choice.
All the staff were very pleasant, helpful and made our stay enjoyable. The reception staff were all lovely.
The entertainment team (two of them) were really good, they worked so hard and got everyone involved and joining in.
The rooms were spotless and comfortable - the chambermaids worked very hard.
Our trips out were great – to a crystal place one day with a lovely cream tea thrown in as well and the second day Dunster which was fabulous – what amazing buildings etc. a real step back in time.
The scenery around here is stunning and if you are a walker (which I’m not!) you would be in your element. But for those who do not walk far – just enjoy the stunning views from the hotel.
We didn’t go on the optional outing to Barnstaple as you could get on the bus for half the price or if you are of a certain age – use your bus pass!
This trip was great value for money and I would recommend this trip and hotel to anyone.
Room tip.** We had room number 28 which was a twin room with a fabulous view (paid extra for this) it also has a shower for those unable to get in and out of a bath so easily - but a word of warning is that the entertainment area is underneath it and you can hear it all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel located in the picturesque village of Lynton on the North Devon Coast, this early Victorian Hotel retains many aspects of its original charm. There is an impressive atrium in the lounge, where entertainment is provided most evenings. It is located within Exmoor National Park, in the heart of the village of Lynton, overlooking the twinned village of Lynmouth, known as Little Switzerland. The Villages are linked by a masterpiece of early engineering, The Cliff Railway, built in 1890. There are good local amenities and stunning scenic walks only minutes away. All rooms in the hotel are en suite with many enjoying scenic views of the Bristol Channel to Wales. The Valley of Rocks is the ideal location for walkers or those who simply wish to explore the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Valley Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Bay Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton, Exmoor National Park