My sister and I stayed at this hotel on a National Holidays trip from Friday 26th July to Monday 29th July. The hotel is undergoing refurbishment. We stayed in room 10 which has had work done. New beds and furnishings, new floorcovering and curtains, redecoration, new tiling to the bathroom, a large bath but no shower, small flat screen television. This room overlooks the frontage of the hotel and has a view of the converted old stables and a bank building with a decorative display of planting between the two. The staff are friendly and efficient. There is a good choice on the menu and the food was of a very acceptable standard. The staff work extremely hard at breakfast and dinner in order to keep the service going. There was entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings and it was of a good standard. Both nights were singer/guitarists but with their own differing styles. Our coach was provided via Yelloway Coaches although the trip was booked through National Holidays. Our driver was pleasant, extremely competent on the narrow, winding lanes, obviously an experienced driver with a professional attitude to the job. We took a trip down the cliff railway to Lynmouth, a lovely little village with quaint little shops beside the river. A walk to Valley of Rocks took us about an hour round trip. Great! A really good value for money break! Well done to management and staff of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel located in the picturesque village of Lynton on the North Devon Coast, this early Victorian Hotel retains many aspects of its original charm. There is an impressive atrium in the lounge, where entertainment is provided most evenings. It is located within Exmoor National Park, in the heart of the village of Lynton, overlooking the twinned village of Lynmouth, known as Little Switzerland. The Villages are linked by a masterpiece of early engineering, The Cliff Railway, built in 1890. There are good local amenities and stunning scenic walks only minutes away. All rooms in the hotel are en suite with many enjoying scenic views of the Bristol Channel to Wales. The Valley of Rocks is the ideal location for walkers or those who simply wish to explore the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Valley Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Bay Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton, Exmoor National Park