Just returned from a weekend break 14th-17th December (last minute booking). Wonderful time, food excellent, lovely room on the second floor (68) with views of the sea, the church and the Main Street. "Yes" the hotel is old and could do with a refurb but for a weekend break on half board, plus a trip out and four drinks vouchers per night for 99.00 it's very hard to beat. Staff lovely very attentive, Reception Staff went that "extra mile" in helpfulness. Over the years have travelled to many parts of the world some 5 star plus, but would not hesitate in recommending this hotel for its location, customer service and value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel located in the picturesque village of Lynton on the North Devon Coast, this early Victorian Hotel retains many aspects of its original charm. There is an impressive atrium in the lounge, where entertainment is provided most evenings. It is located within Exmoor National Park, in the heart of the village of Lynton, overlooking the twinned village of Lynmouth, known as Little Switzerland. The Villages are linked by a masterpiece of early engineering, The Cliff Railway, built in 1890. There are good local amenities and stunning scenic walks only minutes away. All rooms in the hotel are en suite with many enjoying scenic views of the Bristol Channel to Wales. The Valley of Rocks is the ideal location for walkers or those who simply wish to explore the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Valley Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Bay Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton, Exmoor National Park