“Fantastic and friendly”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Devon
“Fantastic and friendly”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We popped in for a quick bite, and can only say how welcoming the place is.
It you are looking for romantic surrounding for a special meal then this isn't the place for you; but if you are after a fun evening, with fantastic pub food and good beer, then the Village Inn Pub is just for you!

Ps the pies were the best I've EVER tasted!!!

• Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Found this pub, which was our second choice to eat in and so glad we did. From the minute we walked in we felt welcome, and lady behind the bar was lovely. Service amazing, good prices and plenty of food. The cottage pie was best I have ever had. Well done Village Inn. Don't change a thing, you are just perfect.

Lechlade, United Kingdom
“Back again....”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Once again, the food proved to be great. Service is very good and Bev and Mark certainly look after you we had friends visit on one day and they also enjoyed their meal and the overall atmosphere of the Village Inn.
If I have to criticise then it can only be that the plates need to be bigger (they are large) to hold all the food. The fish is particularly massive!

“Huge portions”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had a recent weekend in Lynmouth & ate here one evening.
A traditional type of pub with accommodation, right in the middle of Lynmouth.
Menu was typical pub menu but the portions were absolutely enormous. I had a shepherd's pie & my wife had scampi & chips. I just about managed to finish my mine but no way could my wife finish hers.
You could argue a bit wasteful as it was so big, but I thoroughly enjoyed my meal even though we were both stuffed afterwards.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“A great place to visit”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We first came here three years ago and re-visited again because we liked the place so much. This time we brought our two friends from Newfoundland with us as we were staying in Lynmouth on a West Country tour. The people running The Village are brilliant. The welcome we received was great and our friends loved their time here. The service is excellent and the food we had was superb. If you are hungry this is the place to go. The portions are very generous but very well cooked and presented. The wine and beer was great and very reasonably priced. This really is one of the best places to eat and visit in the area. We will definitely go again. I am sure you will get a great welcome here.