“Nice lunch”

The Rock House Harbourside Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 23 Restaurants in Lynmouth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stopped here for lunch and enjoyed it. We ate in the garden and both lunches were good value. Lovely views of charming town. A good place to have lunch

Visited July 2014

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Filled a gap, could not get out quick enough.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

An amazing location, sitting in the garden looking over the sea, it is a pity the rest of the experience did not manage to wow us.

It was very quite and on ordering in the bar I had not got a table number; my wife had not decided where to sit and was unavailable. If it was busy I would understand the insistence of a table number. Eventually the barman took my order.

The food was very disappointing, my wife had a pasty witch was on offer, a very large quantity of potato with very little meat. I had a burger, which was average, the best I can say is it filled gap. The frozen chips where cooked fine.

I ordered a cappuccino, this was poor. It turned out as a latté no froth.

Overall a very disappointing meal and could not get out quick enough.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Lovely peaceful place to sit, and snack.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Rock House has a lovely garden, and since the weather was wonderful during our stay, we spent a little time here, for tea and scones. There's a meal menu, but we haven't tried that. We enjoyed the position, (lovely views) and the atmosphere. There was a singer/guitar player busking whilst we were there, and it made for a very pleasant experience. There are a number of very cheeky seagulls patrolling this garden. It was entertaining to watch them swoop down to steal the little pots of leftover jam, and cream when people left. I found it amusing, but I know some people are not seagull lovers. Overall, I would recommend a visit here. Food was nice, and as you see from the description above, relaxing ambience.

Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very friendly & Accomodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We stopped to have some drinks and light bites and were very impressed by the kindness of the bar and kitchen staff who went out of their way to make us all feel welcome, especially to my fiancee's mum.
The portions of chips were very generous and we would thorougly recommend this place to others and visit again.
Recommended.

Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Beautiful location, great food and service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Visited here recently and was extremely impressed. Had a drink in the beer garden first which has amazing views over the beach. We then ate in the restaurant in the evening. Very nicely decorated and a good selection on ales, which my boyfriend was very happy with. the service was very good. the waiter was by himself but still very quick with taking orders and very helpful when it came to recommending ales and food. The food was very reasonably priced and excellent quality, I was very impressed. I would definably eat here again. Perfect after a long days walking.