“Warm welcome for two and four legged friends”
Review of The Village Inn

The Village Inn
Ranked #10 of 15 Lynmouth B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome for two and four legged friends”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We popped in for a drink and ended up stopping for a meal and the night!

The sign outside the door welcomes muddy boots, dirty doggies and children so with a very dirty springer spaniel in tow we decided to pop in for a drink. Mark and Bev the owners made us all very welcome and within minutes our dog was playing with resident dogs, Rolo and Whisper.

Settled at the bar we decided to eat after watching the other fabulous food arriving and also got involved in the quiz. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere in the pub brilliant, so much so that we booked in for the following night to watch the live band that were due to play.

We were allocated room one above the bar which was spacious, comfortable and really excellent value for money, especially as our four legged friend was made so welcome. The breakfast the following morning was superb, home cooked and plenty of it.

I highly recommend The Village Inn If you are looking for a warm welcome, lots of fun, live music, fantastic food and drink.

We shall certainly be going back before Christmas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been to the The village inn twice now once with my parents and recently with my partner, and both times have been thoroughly enjoyable. My partner and myself decided on a long weekend away and after such an enjoyable time on my first visit i suggested we stay at the village inn. Upon arrival we were welcomed by Mark and Bev and staff who were all very friendly and helpful. Mark showed us to our room and made sure we felt very welcome. The room was spacious with a fantastic sea view, very clean and tidy. After we settled in we went downstairs to explore the local area. Lynmouth is a lovely place to visit and would recommend to anybody who wants a peaceful, friendly break away. The food at the village inn was fantastic! Really good quality and great value for money. I was recommended the steak and ale pie which lived up to its hype and the salad was very fresh. The pub has a great atmosphere and the locals are extremely friendly. There was a live band playing on one of the nights we stayed and they were amazing. What a night that was! The music was great and the pub was very lively and full of fun. On a whole the village inn is a great place to stay for fantastic value for money with great food and a wonderful warm and welcoming atmosphere, I cannot wait to return again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Lewisbyers
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My boyfriend and i have just came back from a 4 day weekend away to lynmouth, we picked the village in because of its beautiful location, big room and grate value for money! We where not at all disappointed! This lovely Pub/BnB is just as beautiful as it looks in the pictures, its warm and cosy and the food it more than just pub grubb, all home made dishes that taste great, i deffo recommend the home made soup of the day and the stake and ail pie and there salid is so fresh evan my boyfriend ate it !! Thus place has a great atmisphere and the locals are lovely!
The rooms where clean and tidy and have lots of space lovely ocean vues and very cosy beds best night sleep ive had in months!! Credit to the owners !! Who are so kind and welcoming in my opinion you dont charge enough !!
Such a lovely village i will deffo be returning !

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Martika_Oakey
Panama City
Reviewed October 5, 2012

On our two week trip around Southern England and South Wales, this was the best place by far. Our room had a view and overlooked the village street with all the little shops and places to eat. We had breakfast and dinner at the Inn every day, and everything we ate was the delicious. Huge breakfast and plenty on the plate for dinner. I loved the curry, cottage pie and steak and ale pie, but everyone enjoyed their food. The dogs, Rolo and Whisper were beautiful. Rollo is a cuddler, if you ever sit down next to her she sneaks closer. Mark was great and you can tell he really enjoys what he does. Bev is delightful and the guys behind the bar, and making our breakfasts while Mark and Bev were in Bath, were great. This charming place is a must for anyone wanting to see a little piece of Devon and the characters living there. I hope to go back one day, we had such a good time and our hosts made us feel very welcome. I would give ten stars if I could, it was so great. Thanks for everything guys. Hope we didn't disturb anyone with our laughter.

Room Tip: We never heard any noise from the bar so I can only say all the rooms are great. We were six people...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bornbrit
Kingsclere
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My first holiday since a school trip in 1975!! We arrived quite late in Lynmouth, and were lucky enough to grab the last room. Really comfy, great facilities, and WOW, what a breakfast - another thing I hadn't done since the 70s. Loved the bar atmosphere, and meeting Rolo and Whisper. We would recommend The Village Inn to anyone who visits Devon, and will hopefully be staying there again. All in all, a fantastic stay :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JoandJasonKingsclere
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the village inn and had a great time Mark and bev were great the food was excelent the steak and ale pie was very nice as were the mussels, as for the comment someone else made about the dogs they were not dirty smelly or wet, obviously they did not like dogs, rolo and whisper were lovely. Would I stay here again yes I will be booking again next July to celebrate my birthday (sorry Mark) .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DorothyS2012
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at The Village Inn for two night nights with my 6 year old niece. We had a long drive down from London and it was great to be greeted by friendly and welcoming staff. This continued throughout our stay; nothing was too much trouble. By the time we left we felt like one of the family and will definitely be returning. The room had a lovely view of Lynmouth and was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. If you are looking for a well located hotel which is great value then I cannot recommend The Village Inn highly enough.

Room Tip: Room 3 had a lovely view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Simone W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynmouth
The Bath Hotel
#7 of 15 in Lynmouth
The Captain's House
The Captain's House
#12 of 15 in Lynmouth

Been to The Village Inn? Share your experiences!