“Pre Christmas”

Countess Wear Beefeater
Ranked #73 of 548 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Description: Discover the famous flavour of freshly prepared food, chargrilled to perfection at our Countess Wear steak restaurant! Our friendly team will ensure you a memorable visit!
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This has taken me a while to write. I was staying at the Premier Inn in Exeter and dined in the
All I can say is this the food took over a hour for a simple burger and the waitress called Sian is possible the worst waitress I have ever had encountered. She took no responsibility for the late food and merely blamed it on the kitchen, never checked to see if my refillable pepsi needed to topped up yet she had all the time in the world for two male guests she was flirting with and stood at their table for most of the night but saying that I did overhear her ask inappropriate comments to the asian gentlemen regarding his ethinicity but whether she has realised she had made a faux pas is unlikely.

I felt the need to highlight this point to management at the Beefeater at Exeter in the hope other customers do not suffer the same fate I did.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've eaten here about 7 times in the past couple of months - the food is always good and the staff very friendly. Certainly worth eating in.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Very disappointing visit, the whole building needs a refurbishment.
The meal of sirloin steak was poor, the steak was overlooked, the chips were at least double fried, the mushrooms were not present and arrived at the end of the meal following a reminder for them. The wait for the food was 35 minutes.
Will not be going here again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Two visits close together. Basically the same trough out . Hot standard fare but of good quality.
This was just what we have come to expect. On both occasions the service was quick and efficient.
Personally if we wanted to celebrate a special event. We wouldn't come here. But for cheap and cheerful this 'rocks our boat'
For those who are critical of staff and service. I just ask, could you do better? My wife and several family members have worked in catering and hospitality and know just how hard it is.
Finally their voucher system seems over complicated and open to interpretation.

1  Thank Anthony V
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We are here as a family over Xmas - it was faultless so we went back for a birthday meal. We had a voucher which was great but even so it was such an awful experience I left feeling ripped off. We went on Sunday 12th January at 1.30pm ordered med/rare steak and new potatoes & veg no butter, a portion of mushrooms & a diet coke. I received an over done steak-black & hard and a full fat coke. I had to send it back it was so tough - another steak finally arrived once my husband & daughter had finished eating - the steak was cooked much better but my carrots were gone & replaced with a few cherry tomatoes, my potatoes were covered in butter and my extra portion of mushrooms were gone - meal ruined & eating alone. I told the waitress and she apologised and didn't charge me for the mushrooms I didn't eat and that was it! Such a shame as I live locally and really enjoyed the first 2 visits and I have been really put off coming back now! I sent and email & did a survey and 2 weeks later no reply.