“Very good.”

Ranked #14 of 68 Exeter B&B and Inns
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Very good.”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It's a fairly basic b ad b , but comfortable on a small farm 15 minutes from Exeter.
It's on a rural road, but the traffic is light and not much at night so sleeping is ok.
The bed is ok and breakfast is a good English style.
Delia is friendly and helpful with advice on the local area.
Easy to park your car.
For the price it is worth recommending and, nothing to fault .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elholly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Horsham
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just stayed the one night, dropping off our son at the university. Delia was very welcoming and helpful. The room was comfortable, with tea and coffee making facilities. Everything was very clean. The bathroom was fine and toiletries were provided which was a nice touch. Only let down was the shower which was feeble and I couldn't move the shower head up and down. However the excellent breakfast more than compensated for this! After staying in a lot of chain hotels and suffering buffet breakfasts, it was a delight to have a freshly cooked breakfast. Cereal with COLD milk, freshly bought to the table, orange juice, toast and then any combination of cooked breakfast that you wanted. I chose poached eggs on toast with mushrooms and tomatoes which arrived very quickly and was piping hot. What bliss!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Alison H
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed here a few nights ago as part of a jaunt round the west country. I have to say, I think I'd rather just spend the rest of my life going from great B&B to great B&B. Mill Farm is amongst some of the most well run places I've stayed at. Delia was extremely welcoming but left us to our own devices and did not intrude - perfect host. The room was spotless, but it was the bed that got me - probably the best night's sleep I've had in a long while. And the only sound I heard before nodding off? Just the breeze outside...just the breeze. Amazing.

Room Tip: Can't remember the name of it, but the views of the fields and hills were amazing.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tommydboy
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Really lovely bed and breakfast place, just outside the village of Kenton, near Exeter. My room was very clean, tasteful decoration, a decent size, well serviced and equipped. Lovely welcome on arrival by Delia, the lovely and friendly owner, who offered me a cup of tea......a very nice touch. Great views across the fields from the room. Bed was so comfy! Plenty of wardrobe and storage space. Shower was great and well needed after a day out in the hot weather! Breakfast was really really nice and the guy that served it to me was very friendly and efficient. Plenty of choice on the breakfast menu. I recommend this b and b to anyone and will be booking another stay next time that I visit Devon! Thanks Delia.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have just got back from a fantastic three night stay at Mill Farm B&B.

There really is no point in me writing a full review as all of the other excellent reviews (SueOwen, James T, Kimberley C) have it spot all. All I can do is echo what they have said and add on a few points that really make this B&B stand out from the plethora of other options available in this area.

-Firstly the host, Delia, is the most wonderful of people. She was helpful, friendly, listened to our preferences for when to have breakfast and gave us some great ideas for things to do. One thing she also did very well was get the balance just right between giving you advice and engaging in friendly chat, but not ever staying for too long or intruding in your space. This being said though she was always there when you needed her. In addition to this her partner (we presume, didn't get his name unfortunately), was equally fantastic. We only saw him at breakfast, but he was efficient, polite and very happy to help.

-Secondly the location. It is only about 15 minutes drive from Exeter, but actual location couldn't be more rural. The B&B is set on a charming farm, including a stable. It was incredibly peaceful, especially at night. This location also puts you in an ideal position to venture into Dartmoor, Exmouth (a nice ferry trip from the nearby village of Starcross), and I imagine it would be the perfect stop off on the way to Cornwall.

The rest was all fantastic, but the above two points are really what makes this stand out.

We are already planning our return trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jfrench12
Swindon, Wiltshire
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights while attending a wedding in the area. The farmhouse was charming, the rooms were clean and very comfortable with excellent views of the surrounding countryside from our bed!! The owners were charming and very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The breakfasts were excellent, fruit, cereals, yoghurt, full English breakfast, kippers or your own combination, nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend this B&B and will most definitely be coming back. Fantastic value for money and worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SueO55
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I spent a night here as we were celebrating our friends engagement at the Ship in Cockwood. After a long journey we were greeted by the cheerful Delia and a much appreciated pot of tea. We were shown to our room which was clean, large, had lovely views of the countryside and an incredibly comfortable bed. Nothing was too much trouble and after struggling to book a taxi (there were 2 weddings in the area that day) Delia even offered to drive us to the Ship.

Breakfast was great and there were a number of options available from a full English to croissants stuffed with ham and cheese. All in all we had a lovely stay and it was great value. We will definitely be staying again when we make the trip next year for the wedding.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exeter
Jurys Inn Exeter
#1 of 1 in Kennford
Mercure Exeter Southgate Hotel
The Dolphin Hotel Exmouth
The Imperial Exmouth Hotel

Been to Mill Farm? Share your experiences!