“Lovely, fresh food and friendly staff”
Review of Herbies

Herbies
Ranked #23 of 614 Restaurants in Exeter
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Herbies has a creatively eclectic menu with flavours from around the world.Enjoy the laid back bistro style atmosphere with the very best vegetarian food.A favourite with locals and visitors alike.
Reviewed May 20, 2019

My mum, daughter and I stopped in here during a day of birthday shopping and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I had the tofu, lettuce and tomato focaccia sandwich which was absolutely delicious, the bread was amazing. My daughter had the mexican nachos and mum had the mediterranean vegetable salad - both of which they highly praised. It was all freshly prepared, cooked to order and reasonably priced. I would have prefered slightly bigger drinks and maybe a choice of salad dressing, but overall we were all very impressed with how good the food was and will definitely be going again. Staff were also friendly and polite, and it was a nice, relaxed atmosphere.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

We have eaten at Herbies many times. Always excellent. Great service. Lovely salads Nachos Supreme a favourite.

Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

I had some great food here- such as the cashew, spinach and something or other loaf with a delicious mushroom sauce. Loaded with the salad and spiced potatoes side, it was lovely. But the special I got one night- a cauliflower gratin- was bland as was a white bean pate I got for lunch. But the avocado salad with sweet potato falafels was delicious. So overall a mixed bag and the incredibly slow service could be frustrating. But the servers had lovely attitudes and I was able to charge my phone.

Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

We visited Herbie's tonight having read the reviews by others on Trip Advisor. Wow, we weren't disappointed. Fantastic selection of food and brilliant portion size. I can recommend the Buddha bowl, amazing. Beet and bean burger was delicious as was the supreme nachos. The green curry had a lovely flavour. Didn't really need the wedges which came as a side with some of the food, the salad option was really nice. Great family run business, lovely staff.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

first experience of a vegetarian Restaurant,, everything was first class ,plenty of choice, and plenty set before us on the table,extras ie pasta salad and rice dish,plus chips. a great combo. Service with a smile and although a bit of a wait, as they seemed fully booked, everything was piping hot and very tasty. We were a groiup of 20 .
Couldnt fault anything about the evening, good atmosphere and realistic prices as well.