Myself and 5 friends recently had a very nice stay at The Town House. We had three rooms all of which were very clean and spacious. The staff were always available but unobtrusive. Breakfasts were cooked to order and plenty available. Nice to have a garden available to sit out if the weather is good. Very easy to walk into the heart of Exeter and lots of good eateries around - we went to Mill on the Exe and Bill's both of which were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built around 1870 for the neighbouring St David's Church, the Victorian Grade II Listed Townhouse has undergone refurbishment bringing the guest house up to date with period and contemporary features. The Townhouse is set in a quiet corner of Exeter city centre yet just a few minutes stroll from the stunning Cathedral, the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, the Quayside, shopping centres, pubs, restaurants, university and train station. Our nine stylish rooms range from singles to kingsize (all with the exception of one single room are en-suite) and have free wifi, flat screen LCD TVs, USB charger sockets, double glazed windows, Fair Trade teas, coffees and biscuits, crisp white bed linen, complementary toiletries, fluffy towels, hairdryer and an amazing breakfast (not our words, but those of guests who have stayed with us) included in the price of the room. An iron and ironing board is available. Resident J-zone street parking permits free of charge (1 car per room per night, additional parking permits are available at £3 per permit) or guaranteed off street parking at £5 (only two guaranteed parking spaces). If you book direct with us, there is early check ins available (from 12 noon, can be earlier if agreed). If your room is not ready, luggage can be left with us before check in. We can also look after your luggage up to 1pm after check out (£3 per item thereafter). We will also give you a box of chocolates to enjoy in your room. If you book using a 3rd party (i.e. not direct with us, but though a booking agency), check in is strictly from 3pm and we cannot look after your luggage if you arrive in Exeter before 3pm. We can look after your luggage after check out, but this will cost £3 per item. We want your stay at the Townhouse to be as comfortable and memorable as possible and we are on hand to make sure your needs are met. In saying that, we would advise that the Townhouse is a guest house and not a 24 hour service hotel and you will be a guest staying in our house. We have been awarded the 2016 Certificate of Excellence by Tripadvisor and the Food Standards Agency has awarded us 5 stars - the highest possible food hygiene rating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town House Exeter Hotel Exeter
- Town House Exeter Bed And Breakfast
- Townhouse Exeter, Devon