fairly close to central station (also close to St Davids station but it's a walk up the hill from the station to Town House - so it's OK in the other direction) and town centre; does the important things right - hot shower, TV, good breakfast, warm central heating - it was a wet chilly weekend.
what you expect from a good B&B
Next to cemetary but not a problem for most.
My pet quibble is I'd prefer places with no carpets but then you know most B&B have them
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1875 for the neighbouring St David's Church, the Victorian Grade II Listed Townhouse has undergone refurbishment bringing the guest house up to date with period and contemporary features. The Townhouse is set in a quiet corner of Exeter city centre yet just a few minutes stroll from the stunning Cathedral, the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, the Quayside, shopping centres, pubs, restaurants, university, bus station and train stations. Our nine stylish rooms range from singles to kingsize (all with the exception of one single room are en-suite) and have free wifi, flat screen LCD TVs, USB charger sockets, double glazed windows, Fair Trade teas, coffees and biscuits, crisp white bed linen, complementary toiletries, hairdryer and an amazing breakfast (not our words, but those of guests who have stayed with us) included in the price of the room. An iron and ironing board is available. Resident street parking permits free of charge (1 permit per room per night). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town House Exeter Hotel Exeter
- Town House Exeter Bed And Breakfast
- Townhouse Exeter, Devon