we've just been to a family wedding in Exeter and spent 2 nights at the Town House. We loved this guest house and loved the peaceful yet central location. A few minutes walk from a great gastro pub serving award winning ales and also the main shopping area, yet we enjoyed peaceful sleep and accommodation in a light, clean and comfortable room with ensuite bathroom. The breakfast was perfect , serving contnental and cooked english food in a charming dining room looking out onto a leafy green garden. Homemade jams, organic produce where possible and free range eggs from the owners' chickens! There were generous supplies of assorted teas, coffee and and hot chocolate and a welcome pack of biscuits , chocolates and toileteries. Free on street parking is conveniently situated right outside. The proprietors and staff were friendly and helpful and we were sorry to be leaving. we will definitely return here on our next visit to Exeter, which is a charming town with many old buildings of historical interest. The guest house itself dates back to the 1850's and has been sensitvely and tastefully modernised. An art house cinema is within walking distance and it is fairly close to the university campus which makes it ideal for those visiting offspring who may be attending the university.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1875 for the neighbouring St David's Church, the Victorian Grade II Listed Townhouse has undergone refurbishment bringing the guest house up to date with period and contemporary features. The Townhouse is set in a quiet corner of Exeter city centre yet just a few minutes stroll from the stunning Cathedral, the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, the Quayside, shopping centres, pubs, restaurants, university, bus station and train stations. Our nine stylish rooms range from singles to kingsize (all with the exception of one single room are en-suite) and have free wifi, flat screen LCD TVs, USB charger sockets, double glazed windows, Fair Trade teas, coffees and biscuits, crisp white bed linen, complementary toiletries, fluffy towels, hairdryer and an amazing breakfast (not our words, but those of guests who have stayed with us) included in the price of the room. An iron and ironing board is available. Resident J-zone street parking permits free of charge (1 car per room per night, ad ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town House Exeter Bed And Breakfast
- Town House Exeter Hotel Exeter
- Townhouse Exeter, Devon