“Service and all facilities including environmental issues are first class”

Silversprings St Davids
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We were so delighted that we would rate them 11 out of 10!. The attention to detail was amazing our room was very comfortable it is like home from home. We were impressed with the attention is paid to environmental issues.

Breakfast offer is first class and the freindliness of the staff exceptional.

Looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Silversprings St Davids

Reviewed July 12, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at Silversprings two or three times a year in the last four years. Our stays are usually 2 or 3 nights, and we have stayed in the the cheapest accommodation, a de-luxe room and the Richmond suite, ALL of which are exquisitely decorated and very modern. It is not just the staff who make you welcome, but the little extras provided in the rooms and on the breakfast table. My wife and I would recommend Silversprings to friends and family should they want to stay in Exeter. Tony Richardson

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

The location of Silversprings is Ideal. A few minutes walk into the centre of Exeter yet far enough out and therefore saved from the noise and foot traffic. The Hotel is spotless. Very good standard of rooms. We had a deluxe room on the first floor. The bed was huge and comfortable. There were bathrobes and plenty of towels supplied. A nice touch was the half bottle of red wine and bar of chocolate awaiting us, which was standard for this type of room.
Their green credentials were evident. Water saving shower heads, environment friendly toiletries, energy saving lights, the list goes on.
Breakfast is worth a big mention. There was fresh fruit, cereals, croissants, fresh yoghurt. Then there was the full hot menu where you could choose from the grill, then eggs, fish if you prefer. You name it, you could have it.
If you want a high standard of room, attentive service, perfect location for Exeter City Centre and railway stations then you must give Silversprings your custom.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Silversprings is a perfectly clean, tidy and decent establishment. Style-wise - it would be perfect for my 70 year old mother - it's not at all hip or boutique. I really didn't like my maroon bedroom with gold sheets or the bathroom. But everything was spotless, super comfortable. Rather like staying at your nice country auntie's house.

The stairs to the reception are exceptionally narrow and awkward. My room was at the front of the hotel at ground level, and in the night people talking outside the window in the street sounded like they were virtually in the room. But this is a quiet street, and very handy for the nearby shopping area, and excellently situated for a trip to the university/cathedral etc.

The main lady that seemed to be in charge was incredibly welcoming. But there was another one who had definitely missed out on charm school which rather spoilt the experience for me. She seemed to be trying to find fault 'oh you were'n't supposed to arrive till 9.30pm' (when we arrived at 7.30pm) and the next day grumbling as she retreived our keys- 'you should have taken your keys with you when you left this morning'. The nice lady had offered us tea after our busy day out - but I was so irritated by the annoying lady that we decided instead to go to the pub across the road!

Nice cooked breakfast and nice complimentary shower gel/lotions etc. All v eco. We were looking for a reasonably priced, clean hotel with a hearty breakfast and Silver Springs definitely provided this.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Travelling from Vancouver, Canada to assist friends who were involved in a devastating car accident, my son, who works with spinal cord injuries, and I, booked rooms at the Silver Springs to help with the transition of one patient whilst our other friend needed critical services to continue at the Royal Devon until arrangements could be made in their home town to accept her continuing need to be hospitalized.
The booking staff at the Silver Springs offered more than one could reasonably ask for. In fact, I did not ask, rather explained the circumstances, and they then made several suggestions as to what special things they might be able to do make our stay comfortable. Having secured accommodation for the next 10 days we were relieved and happy that we could now focus on assisting our friends where required, in helping them prepare for their “new life adjustments”.
Within 24 hours of our arrangements, and quite unexpectedly, Winchester Hospital was able to accept our hospitalized friend and she was transferred by ambulance. We now no longer had a need to be in Exeter and immediately called Silver Springs. They cancelled the booking, asking for nothing other than to wish the very best outcome for our friends.
The kindnesses and professionalism accorded to me goes a long way. It will not be forgotten. I am more than confident that anyone who chooses to stay at Silver Springs will have made a very good choice indeed.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank robocoVancouver_BC
Reviewed June 9, 2010

This is a very friendly, very clean B+B in between Exeter St Davids and Exeter Central train stations.

I came in via Exeter St Davids and it was a 5 min cab, 15min walk to the B+B.

I stayed for one night and was arriving late and they arranged for the receptionist to stay late to accomodate my late check in.

I had a small single (that was all they had left). While it was very small, there was still a TV, bathroom with shower and toilet, tea and coffee etc. Considering they were full I was very pleasantly surprised not to hear any noise from the rest of the house!

In the morning I was treated to an impressive choice of cooked breakfast, made to order, fresh fruit, yoghart, breads and cereals.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I have stayed at Silversprings on several occasions, both business and pleasure - my Exeter branch is a short walk away.
I am convinced that they re-decorate every half-year - it is spotless. The owners are genuinely friendly and the building is a period Georian terrace townhouse in a short back street away from the noise of the town. But one can be on the high street in 10 minutes. It is a grade 2 listed building with a great happy feeling inside.
Being an old building, it is loaded with charm, but full of all the mod-cons. Hot water is hot (not warm like Holiday Inn) and the pressure is very good, considering this is at the top of a short hill. They have a large selection of DVDs on a bookcase and you can pick one to watch in your room at any time. The car parking, although for around 6 or 7 cars is very handy and free and I have never found it full.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff who run it - the breakfasts are very beautifully cooked, presented and the selection is very good. There is a small garden out back which you can enjoy. The front door does not get locked at night like some places.
I found it many years ago when the main hotel up the road was full - I am so glad I did.
Great for business, older get-aways and for younger couples if wanting a relaxing, no problem break from the city.
I book into no other hotel in the area and would gladly drive out of my way to stay here if in Devon.
This is not a hype - please try for yourself. It is always a delight to see Juliet and her team again whenever I stay.

Laurence Fisher