All reviews serviced apartment city centre these apartments quiet street washing machine self catering home from home davids station long stay living room off road parking welcome pack comfortable bed a great place to stay ground floor exeter university free parking
Reviewed February 7, 2016

We stayed here for one night in February costing £85 a night. The accommodation is of a really high quality, with some nice touches such as milk and a few supplies. There is parking here too which is great in Exeter. The owner was very helpful on the 'phone on the way down, and also when we left, contacting us to say we had left a electric toothbrush and posting it back to us at home. Top class service from a excellent apartment. Recommended.

Room tip: There is no lift, so ground floor if you can't do stairs
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2016

I stayed here for one night on my own in December. The booking process was excellent - the company responded immediately, the price was, I felt, reasonable, and I paid half deposit, the other half when I stayed (charged automatically). I was travelling by train, and it's an easy walk from the station - and also to the University (which is the main reason I chose it.

You receive instructions on how to get your key and get in. I was rather tired when I arrived, so it took me a little while to work out which number went where, but it's all very straightforward really - you get full instructions, and a number if you get completely stuck...you really shouldn't though! There's also easy car parking, which would have been really handy if I'd decided to drive.

The rooms were lovely - so nice to have a lounge/dining room/kitchen to chill out in separately to the bedroom. It was just the right size for me, and would have been fine for a couple.

There's a co-op just around the corner, so I picked up some food just after I arrived and settled down to a lovely meal - everything you need in the kitchen for preparing a meal (although I wasn't cooking anything particularly extravagant!). Plenty of places to go out for eat or a drink though, again, just around the corner.

Only negative comments: personally, I'd prefer a better (more substantial feeling) lock on the door (again, possibly as I was on my own). I would have also liked a dishwasher (I thought it would have one, but should have checked more carefully as it didn't - mainly as I don't trust other people's washing up skills when staying in self catering places!). I couldn't work out the heating at all - I couldn't turn the temperature up. It was OK, but if it had been any colder I would have been less happy - bathroom was a bit chilly.

On the whole, I'd definitely stay here again - perfect location, really relaxing break, and a nice change from a hotel (much more character).

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2016

I stayed at Silversprings for 4 weeks while on business. The room was excellent, well kept and clean. The staff are very attentive and accessible as well. I would definitely recommend Silversprings to others.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2016

We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment on the ground floor. The furnishings etc are top quality. The location is very central (we walked everywhere we walked to go in central Exeter). The dedicated rear parking was great - no worrying about the car during our stay. We had our Yorkie with us which was no problem for the owners and a huge help to us. The team are very friendly and efficient - could not be more happy with our choice of apartment for our Exeter break.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2016

Lovely week in comforable Apartment 3 with all facilities and amenities supplied and working perfectly. Excellent location for access to Exeter centre and also Northcott Theatre, Exeter University and College. Easy walk to local shops for day to day supplies. Appreciated friendly and proactive, supportive service by the management team, including Christmas card and gift to make us welcome! The free parking arrangements were very useful and convienient. We will definitely stay again and would recommend Silversprings as great value, good location and comfortable accomodation in Exeter.

Date of stay: December 2015