“Very comfortable”

The Devon Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 7, 2014

On my way to Cornwall and stayed holiday Sunday night at The Devon Hotel.. I was upgraded to a King Room on arrival. The room was a revelation. Clearly just revamped the Bathroom suite seemed brand new. The bed was very comfortable and my only complaint was the room was too hot. The restaurant was good value for money and the service attentive.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will choose to visit us again.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

A family weekend to celebrate a wedding anniversary, Ideally situated off the M5 and at the junction of the A38 and A380 made it easy for us to visit the nearby area.
A warm greeting and excellent service from the staff throughout the weekend, The bedrooms are clean and very comfortable and although the hotel is situated by a busy rounder about noise did not effect a good nights sleep, as this had been mentioned in previous reviews it was a concern.
The Carriages Restaurant has wonderful food in very pleasant surroundings, ideal place to relax after a busy day sightseeing. Plenty of choice for a breakfast that sets you up for the day.
Will use again when visiting the area or near one of their other hotels, thank You for making our weekend enjoyable

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We couldn’t have asked for a better one. I am delighted that you had such an excellent stay, and that you found your room, food and service to the high standard we strive to maintain.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I arranged a surprise Retirement Party for my partner at the Hotel and it was perfect. All the staff are very friendly and helpful, the buffet was excellent. The whole experience from meeting Simon the Manager who helped me with all the options available including his assistance at the party made it all worthwhile and a complete success. Couldn't have been better and would certainly not hesitate to use the Hotel again for any future events. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
BrendHotels, General Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent party, I am delighted to read that you had an excellent time. I was happy to help with the organising to ensure that everything went as you would like. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Best wishes

Mr. Simon Parkhouse

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I came to the Devon Hotel for a weekend away, the staff are friendly and happy to help. The king sized bed is as big as it should be. However the breakfast is one I would not pay for again it was like a rubber meal and I did not enjoy it.
On a whole the Hotel is wonderful!

Room Tip: 1 3 5 have the sun facing the window in the morning
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review I am glad that enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us. I was saddened to read that you did not enjoy your breakfast, this is usually one of most guests highlights. I do hope you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Absolutely nothing to complain about at this hotel. All staff were ultra efficient, friendly and happy. Rooms good and no noise problems from the nearby road. The restaurant was excellent and breakfast very good

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you reviewing your stay with us. I am happy that you had a lovely stay with us and that you found the staff efficient and friendly. We spend a lot of time on our staff training, it’s great to hear that it has paid off. I hope you will chose to stay with us again next time you visit Exeter.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I use this hotel for my free seminars on 'Sales Through Service' every couple of months. This morning, we had more attendees than we were expecting, and they simply offered us a bigger room, without any quibble or fuss.

It gave them quite a bit of extra work, but they couldn't have been nicer and more friendly.

Thankyou Devon Hotel.

p.s. The coffee was good too!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Thank you for your review and ongoing patronage of the hotel. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you, i look forward to welcomg you back to the hotel soon. Kind regards. Ross Hamilton. Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Clean, comfortable double , room small double , bathroom small but ok for solo traveller
Breakfast good choice well presented . Staff friendly and helpful

Would stay again location easy to find , parking available . Suggest courtyard rooms have easy access.

Room Tip: If more than one person suggest corner suites
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that your stay was up to the high standards that we aim to maintain. I hope you will chose to stay with us again. Kind regards. Ross Hamilton. Hotel Manager