“Clean comfortable and friendly”
Review of Raffles Hotel

Raffles Hotel
Ranked #3 of 68 Exeter B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just spent the weekend in Exeter, staying at Raffles. We had the attic room with a large bathroom which was spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. Richard was friendly and encouraged us to come and go as we pleased, the breakfasts were plentiful. The hotel itself is very near the centre of Exeter, yet the area feels very quiet considering it is so near the university and student life. The information provided about the local area was helpful. All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cazsmyth

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I am a regular visitor to Raffles. I return time and time again because of the warmth of the welcome, the spotlessness and elegance of the rooms and sumptuousness of the breakfast. All my stays have been enjoyable and easy. Any issues that I may have are always quickly and attentively resolved. I really cannot recommend Raffles enough.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Mary C
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is very good value for the location. It's a family run business so you really feel how personal the hotel is, and feel comfortable. It has everything expected of a good hotel. The only problem I encountered was that the windows were not double glazed. It is an old house and they are trying to keep it traditional, but I found that having an afternoon nap was very difficult when the hotel is on a busy road. At night there was no problem however, as obviously the road is not busy. The service was very good. I accidentally left my phone charger in the hotel, and they were nice enough to post it to me the day after. Overall I was very happy and the hotel is great value.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Legacyb
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Me and my family travel with a small dog and finding somewhere to stay is difficult. Raffles staff was amazingly friendly and made us feel like we were at home. I would definitely recommend to home stile seekers!

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank JordankaGreen
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have just had a weekend visit to Exeter and stayed two nights at Raffles. It is a comfortable B+B. Our room was large and clean. The supply of really large soft towels was a welcome bonus.
Breakfast was fine and service throughout the stay was helpful. I did find the lighting to the entrance at night was poor especially for anyone with a visual impairment.
The location is good, it is a very easy walk to the centre of what is a lovely city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I'm at Exeter University and my mum came to visit me for the weekend. At first she'd booked a single room, but then the week before arriving, she called and requested a twin room, so that I could come and stay with her. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Richard, who told us we'd actually been put down for a double room. This was quickly fixed and we were delighted when he led us to a single room for me and a separate double room for my mum upstairs in room 2. We would definitely recommend room 2, as it's up its own little staircase! We were very happy with the way our room situation and mix up was handled.
Breakfast was very nice and filled us up for a day of Christmas shopping! There's enough variety for continental and the full English is delicious.
When my mum comes to visit again, she'll definitely stay here - and I'll make sure she books me in again!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank elw95
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a lovely place to feel at home, and well cared for. The rooms are comfortable and nicely appointed with modern bathroom fixtures. The antiques that decorate the rooms are fascinating. The staff is uniformly friendly and attentive, and the breakfast, along with the fun of meeting other guests, was great. Our only regret is that we had planned only one night in Exeter. It is easy walking distance to bus, train, and most of the popular tourist attractions, but in a quiet neighborhood; good for sleeping.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends