“Fab... Excellent”
Review of The Nobody Inn

The Nobody Inn
Ranked #4 of 68 Exeter B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have been staying for 3 nights at nobody Inn . The stay was really nice specially the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave.
Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met "owner" , then at dinner, we have been served by a lovely waitress. With great welcoming smile .
Entering the room, it was clean The bathroom small very clean.
The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done. Hard in the right places and comfortable for me but not for my partner as he did not like hard bed..
Breakfast was very good

These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at the inn, but my warmest congratulations to the inn for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.
Room one en suit need some TLC
Dinner excellent specially The glazed duck.. It was yammy
Natalie & Phil

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Nobody Inn

Reviewed April 8, 2013

You know when you book into a place and find yourself harbouring thoughts of never going home? Well, that's exactly what I thought when I arrived at The Nobody Inn. I stayed here prior to going to an Open Day at the Met Office (not as geeky as it sounds, actually very interesting - and free!). After a long drive, it was heaven to relax with a couple of drinks in the bar area, which oozed character from every pore: all oak beams, settles and wonderful yellowing walls, which reflected the age and history of the building; refreshing to find somewhere not Farrow n Ball'd to within an inch of it's life. The bedroom was very comfortable and homely, the staff and service friendly, relaxed and efficient and the food, both at dinner and breakfast, was first rate and very well priced. Love to see different cuts of meat used in a menu - the flat-iron steak was cooked to perfection, tasty and tender and with all the accompaniments, came with a price tag equivalent to a gourmet burger in some other joints.Will definitely come here again - everything under one roof - perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 937KateS
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Coming back to the Nobody Inn after 25 years since leaving Exeter Uni was like coming home. We were treated brilliantly throughout our stay, the classic being our response to asking if we could book a table that evening was 'of course...any time, we are on Devon time'. The menu was homely and well thought through (not a chicken nugget in sight) and the wine (and whisky) list was second to none. Several whiskies later, we reached Room 1 which was beautifully decorated, very comfortable (we forebore from the plethora of chocolate bourbon biscuits but not the lovely schooner of sherry) and slept like the proverbial log. Breakfast prior to the obligatory Dartmoor walks was generous and kept us going all day. We are already planning a return in the summer, and would absolutely recommend it. Astonishingly good value for money, full of character and we would recommend spending at least 2 nights.

Room Tip: they are all good rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bea W
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have eaten here several times in the last year and have always been pleased with the food. Our latest visit was on a Sunday, so only the bar menu was available, but everyone in our party found something to their taste. The pie was one of the best we have had in a pub, the steak was excellent and the fish pie very tasty; and there was a good dish of vegetables to go with it. The pub itself is a beautiful old building, and it is lovely to sit out in the garden in the summer. It has always had a good range of beers, and the offer of three one third pints makes the decision of what beer to have much easier. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the Nobody Inn recently on a business trip. I wanted something a bit different but that still met my business needs. I got it! The welcome was incredible! The food is outstanding and a great price. The breakfast is made to order - I had haddock and spinach with cheese sauce. The room was unique, with low ceilings and mismatching furniture, which was very quaint. I will certainly stay there again when I next need to go to Exeter.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've been visiting the nobody inn for a few years but only ever in the bar area for light food. Recently i decided to book a nights B&B with a meal in the restaurant for our 1 year anniversary. We arrived to a friendly welcome and a well presented room and the staff gave us tips for nearby places to walk. Later that night we came back for our meal, the food was simply stunning (i can personally recommend the pork belly) and the service was exceptional. My girlfriend has a wheat and dairy intolerance and they were fantastic in making sure what she'd selected was suitable for her. After we headed into the bar to sample to ridiculous amounts of whisky on offer. Not only were the staff again helpful but very knowledgeable on the different whiskys available. I can honestly say we will be returning to the nobody inn very regularly in the future. Fantastic place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Had a lovely relaxing girly weekend here 15-17 March. A very warm welcome, cosy rooms, fantastic food and v good value, given the amount we ate and drank! Breakfasts excellent. Dinner both evenings very good. Loads of atmosphere and idyllic location. Will be back to visit with husband.

Room Tip: Room no 1 is slightly more spacious than cosy no. 5
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends