My husband and I booked our stay with a Travelzoo voucher.
I phoned to make the booking with the Queens court and spoke to Laura, she was fantastically helpful and went out of her way to ensure we could come and stay the night we wanted (as it was our first wedding anniversary).
When we arrived, we were greeted by manager Paul. He was very welcoming and although he was busy with other customers, came and booked us in as soon as he was free.
We paid £10 extra to upgrade our room and we were very happy with it. Large, clean and not too noisy! The bathroom was huge too.
We then went down to have a drink before dinner. Again, served by Paul. We were able to sit outside and enjoy a nice drink before we were seated to our table.
Included with the voucher, was a 6 course taster menu. We were served by Brad and Alfie, who were very attentive and friendly. They were quick to clear our empty plates and offered us a break between courses if we had wished. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, the food was delicious and looked great!
As an extra surprise, they finally brought a plate out with 'Happy Anniversary' written in chocolate with some chocolate dipped strawberries and truffles! What a lovely touch!
We had a wander to one of the nearest pubs after our meal, directed by Paul. He advised us on which bar would be the best and it was very nice.
It was one of the hottest days of the year, so the room was obviously very hot but the windows opened nice and wide so a cool breeze flowed through!
Breakfast was also very nice, the waitress was again, very friendly and helpful.
All in all, we had a fabulous stay and all the lovely staff made our 1st wedding anniversary one to remember!
Thanks all so much ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trip Advisor Award of excellence for the past 4 years is testament to the care and quality of this family run hotel in the heart of Exeter. The Queens Court Hotel is a beautiful Georgian town house situated on a leafy square in a city, which dates back to the medieval ages. All rooms are well appointed, all with en-suites. Relax in the bar and lounge or sit outside on the terrace. Visit the jewel in the crown of the Queen's Court, The Olive Tree restaurant. Multi-award winning, dine amongst the Venetian masks and enjoy the produce of the West Country. All the food is freshly prepared and cooked for you, drawing influences from Italy and the Mediterranean. The hotel is only a few minutes' walk from the high street, main train stations and very conveniently placed for the University. It is also fortunate to have a public car park on its doorstep that is free overnight and very reasonably priced in the day. Exeter is positioned in the Heart of Devon making it a great location to experience everything the West Country has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Queens Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queens Court Hotel Exeter
- Queens Court Exeter, Devon