Premier Inn Exeter (M5 J29)
$73
$168
$163
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
$70
  • Pool
$80
$92
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Exeter M5(Exeter)(Great Value!)
$52
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbrewers fayreair conrestaurant next doorpark and ridemet officegood nights sleepself servicefamily roommeal dealplenty of parkingthe barnnight's sleepmember of staffexcellent stayon arrivalcomfy bedthe pub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I didn't check in until gone eleven pm but the staff member that greeted me was very polite and helpful as we're all the staff for my two night stay.
Other things that made my stay enjoyable were the airiness of the room and the lack of noise coming from within the building.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Jayne H, Manager at Premier Inn Exeter (M5 J29), responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for your kind review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were visiting Exeter University with a teenage son and, due to the distance, wanted a reasonably priced hotel, with parking to spend the night and this Premier Inn was perfect. The rooms were large, air-conditioned and clean and came with their new comfy beds as well as a sort of chaise longue. The rooms were very well soundproofed, so we could hear no noise from other residents or from the nearby main road. The tv had been set up with a max volume, so again a lot of consideration for neighbouring rooms.
The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming.
We had booked dinner at the adjoining Brewers Fayre and were glad we had done so, as it was so full with hotel guests they were turning people away. The service there was poor but the food was okay. Breakfast was a help yourself buffet but nothing special.
Since this visit we have stayed at other Premier Inns (in our tour of visiting universities) and this is definitely one of the best.

Room Tip: Unlike some Premier Inns, this one has a lift so it doesn't matter which floor you are on
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review, I'm glad your first experience of a Premier Inn was a pleasant one, we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

For me Premier inns have one major thing going for them and it is what they advertise on TV,
The beds! They are exceedingly cosy particularly with the choice of various pillows. The TV in this Premier Inn is recommended too, having a large flat widescreen with HTML and USB connections and good reception, not always found in East Devon.
During my stay of 4 nights the room was not made up by the time I returned in the evening at around 5pm. The cleaner looked absolutely shattered and was obviously unable to cope. I didn’t ask her why and as there is usually no reception staff I never found out the cause of such poor service.
I not keen on the personless booking system for these hotels and the pre-payment of meals for the adjacent Brewers Fayre pub/restaurant.
The evening meals in the Brewers Fayre are OK if you like basic pub grub and there is also a themed buffet each evening. The breakfast are good if there are no shortages and the staff has arrived early enough to prepare it.
I will not be using this Premier Inn again for any stays longer than one night as there are many other establishments in this area that are comfortable and have character.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank anthony M
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Being just a few minutes from M5/J29 after a 5 hour drive was a definite plus, but a lack of pruning of the vegetation (not PI's fault) obscured the road name - and a large, tall tree obscured the PI sign - so look for the jazzy "Met Office" sign, turn here & the hotel is behind the office with a large, free car park with, what promises to be, pleasant landscaping.

The Receptionist was very welcoming and her helpful assistance was needed by me and other guests who had no idea how to operate the check-in machine! All this took longer than if checking-in was by the "person" method. The family bedroom was OK & the beds very comfortable. However, the bathroom had not been properly serviced (pedal bin visibly overflowing) & only provided with 1 small & 1 large towel - between 3 people!! Later told this was company policy & more towels available on request! Found that the lack of an electric razor power point quite ridiculous.

Having read reviews by other TripAdvisor on the adjoining Brewers Fayre restaurant, we decided to skip the "me too" menu and walk for 5 minutes to the nearby Barn Owl Vintage Inn (which served a very good supper).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MedEngland
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed for one night, on route to the Riviera. The hotel is only seven months old and our room was very clean and comfortable. We also liked the late check out time and made full use of it after a long drive. Would stay here again, as cleanliness is most important to me when choosing a place to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Britsontour2012

Thank you for oyur kind review, I will pass you comments to my housekeeping team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.