“A breakfast revolution!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I went here on a very quiet Tuesday morning and was the only customer, I couldn't hep thinking it would be much better when it was busy, or for a breakfast party. They've thought of everything you could possibly want at a British breakfast, and you just help yourself! Only thing I would improve is perhaps more version of tea and coffee, and better quality juice. It tasted a bit watered down.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been here a few times and whilst I don't mind paying the overpriced average tasting all you can eat breakfast the drinks I find is a rip off even though they have said in previous responses that they have changed the whole "Hot or Cold" this is not the case I find paying the £2.49 for unlimited coffee that taste like cardboard a rip off why can't they simply let you have both hot and cold is beyond me. I think this place can be a success if they change there price structure for example people who want bacon on their pancakes have to pay for the unlimited pancakes and yogurt and separate for the bacon which all together would be over £10.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My first visit to Exeter Brodys fell on a Tuesday of half term. Having visited the Torquay branch several times I was keen to see the Exeter one. My first impressions were how much work had gone in to design *( I had visited when it was previously a Starbucks). I liked how It has recognisable features from Torquay- the toasters on the table, the condiment cabinet, all the same features. However-the natureof the building allows it to be a lot more open and lighter than Torquay, which personally I prefer. My second impression was how busy it was. It certainly seems to be doing well. The place was near full and throughout my time there the queue to come in was constant. Despite it being so busy it did not effect the quality of the food which you often find with buffet food. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The chef behind the counter was very friendly and struck up conversation with most customers, he kept the food coming, and was good humoured even though he was very busy. The quality of the food has kept a good standard- the sausages are very tasty.
Overall there was very little to fault- the place the staff, the food, the atmosphere were all a very high standard. I came in on the train- and with the location of Brodys being a few metres from the station itself I think Brodys is a perfect way to start a days shopping in Exeter!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Been to Brody's a few times now and have always enjoyed it - especially since they have started cooking veggie sausages to order.

The food has always been good when I have been, and there is a good choice of tea, alongside filter coffee. The cheese omelette is a particular favourite of mine; I also love that they do trumpets. Some minor points would be that they do seem to be a bit stingy when it comes to doling out mugs. You can have one and only one , seemingly. I overheard a guy wanting a mug for coffee as he had the dregs of some tea in his existing cup and the staff seemed pretty reluctant. Please trust your customers not to pinch your mugs!

If I was really picky I would prefer squeeze Marmite - more hygienic. And where's the vinegar? It makes a fry up! I would say if you are going to Brody's make sure you are mad with hunger, otherwise it probably won't be great value for money. I think it's a bit disappointed you have to extra for the pancakes and yoghurt as paying over a tenner for breakfast is pretty steep when you could get almost everything else at the premier inn down the road for about eight quid. Maybe Brody's could reconsider their pricing structure as surely if people are filling upon pancakes nd yoghurt they won't be eating so much of everything else? Just a thought. I still love it though!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you're looking for breakfast of any kind, Brody's is perfect. It's serve yourself but there was plenty of everything and it looked like the eggs, for example, were cooked in small batches so they stayed fresh. Loads of different bread to choose from and every type of sauce and spreads you could think of. It's also spotlessly clean.