“Crystal (A)mazing!!”

Crystal Cafe
cidercountry
“Crystal (A)mazing!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Surely the best vegetarian cafe around and if you visit on a Saturday afternoon you get free live acoustic music too!! Wonderful, happy peeps run this fabulous caff and the food and drink is out of this world. The puzzle is :- how to find it? Clue :- locate the shop ‘evolution’ and your quest will almost be over:))

• Visited May 2013

newton abbot
“Nice service”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I liked this cafe because their tableware are Potts, not porcelain. It gave really cosy feeling. There are vegan options, too, which is kind for lactose intolerance. On top of that, the waiter kept calling us "my lady"! Which was funny and we thought he is an actor in a theater!

Exeter, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic vegetarian and vegan food”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This cafe is lovely, particularly with the recent addition of "Merlin's Cave" at the back where you can listen to live music whilst enjoying your food.

I sampled a hummus and roasted vegetable toastie and my partner had the soup of the day followed by a gratin. We both enjoyed it so much (even though we are not vegan) that we came away thinking "why don't we make more food like this?". It's led us to try a few more meat free meals, just for the fun of it regardless of our views on meat. We didn't know it could be so delicious. They also have really good pottery to serve the food on - take a look at my picture. I liked it so much I had to take a photo.

Already have plans to visit again! One thing to note, it's very popular so you may have to be willing to share your table with another couple but this doesn't feel strange as it's a really nice atmosphere. You can always say no if you don't want to share but it seems sad to turn other people away.

Devon
“Love it!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

A cafe with a difference. This quirky hidden gem is well worth a visit when you are in Exeter. Food is delicious and the service is part of the experience in a very good way. Quite simply, it's great!

Exeter, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem in a crystal shop”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Although this cafe is not immediately obvious to the visitor to Exeter, it is well worth the visit, especially if you love a really good cappuccino, or a light vegetarian meal. It is not very big, seating just about 14 prople, but the food and service are excellent, with welcoming and attentive waiters, always ready to take your order. The vegetarian food is freshly cooked, but you don't have to wait for ages to get it!
I can recommend the salads, goats cheeses and home-made salad dressing, plus the wonderful fruit teas. If you only want a soup, they have delicious home-made ones, with suitably chunky bread. And leave room for the wonderful cakes, too.
Even the cutlery and crockery used in the cafe are different - from the very attractive bronze-looking cutlery, to the cups, plates, jugs and tea-pots that are hand-made reproductions of 15th and 17th century ones.
And in case you think I have a personal interest in this place, I am not at all financially involved, even if my review does sound too good to be true - it's just that I am so delighted to have found this place, tucked down Fore Street, where I don't usually go!
If you're in Exeter and want something different, I suggest you give this place a try - oh, and it's not expensive!