“An amazing night”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Well after having lunch here a while ago , my friends and i decided to return for my birthday meal , what a fantastic time was had by all , i decided to be brave and have the pigeon , all i can say is i will be back for that again it was amazing , the service was fantastic , the wine was recomended for us and went perfectly with the meal , all i can say is thank you so much we really enjoyed ourselves , and its a shame i only get one birthday a year , but i will be telling everyone about this hidden jewel as its well worth a visit , and i will be going back very soon ,

1  Thank MrsCexeter
gemsexeter, Owner at The Salty Pigeon, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your birthday meal(the pigeon was a great choice).As it was the 2nd time you visited us we are very happy you enjoyed the meal.We enjoyed your company and hope to see you all again soon

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Have just had a fantastic evening at the Salty Pigeon with friends. We were warmly greeted on our arrival and shown to our table. We all decided to take advantage of the Tuesday special of 2 steaks and a bottle of wine for £30 which was great value, although we could have also ordered off the main menu. The staff made us feel really welcome and the service was first class. The food was delicious and cooked perfectly. We all thoroughly enjoyed our evening and hope to return soon.

All the staff at The Salty Pigeon love seeing friends having fun and a great evening,we hope to see you all again soon

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I received a very warm welcome from both the owner, Tanya and her son Ryan when we arrived. Firstly, the wine menu is extensive, take time to look at all pages with all sorts of prices catered for. As the food is sourced by seasonal/line-caught fish there are lots of 'specials', almost as many as the main menu, which was an instant hit.

Our food throughout was quickly served, beautifully presented and tasted amazing, the warm home-made bread and amuse bouche, made with truffles, a wonderful freebie!

The owner and her son gave a first-class service; they were friendly, but discrete when asking if the meal was to our liking etc. and stopped to listen to any questions/requests that we might have with care and consideration.

The Salty Pigeon had a lively little buzz about it; the decor is pleasing on the eye, light, modern but also cosy and romantic. I enjoyed the fact that my husband and I could talk and listen to each other in lovely surroundings with gorgeous food; we felt unhurried and valued. It was great to see other people clearly doing the same and enjoying themselves.

I would urge people to try The Salty Pigeon, it's a wonderful place and I can't wait to return.

We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us and we hope you will both be back soon.Thankyou for the review

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of being wined and dined here, from start to finish it was a lovely evening.
The owners are so friendly and welcoming, not worried by the fact we were 25mins late for our booking. The food is exquisite I indulged in the quail main course and my friend had the pigeon, both were perfectly cooked and portions perfectly sized.
The menu has something for every taste and not over complicated, the wine list is varied, desserts were indulgent and all reasonably priced for what is Michael caines protege chef.
I would like to try the express lunch menu one day which promises good food within 45 mins!
Just perfect and would happily go back.

gemsexeter, Owner at The Salty Pigeon, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thankyou for the great review,it was a pleasure to meet you both and i am glad you enjoyed your time with us

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were a bit sceptical when the Saly Pigeon first opened just around the corner from us,but decided to give it a go.At last we dont have to tramp in to town to experiance good food at sesible prices.Tanya and her staff are so welcoming when you go in that straght away you you feel right at home.Then there's the food prepared by the outstanding resident chef Simeon,have been five times since they opened and enjoyed every meal.Have already booked for the special Around the world night in six courses on 30th may, oh and the wines not either.

1  Thank kosmos244
gemsexeter, Manager at The Salty Pigeon, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thanks for the great review, we allways enjoy your company and hope you enjoyed the around the world evening