“Good soup, lush cocktails and nice atmosphere”

The Bike Shed Theatre and Cocktail Bar
Ranked #20 of 124 things to do in Exeter
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled at the end of an alley in the heart of Exeter, The Bike Shed Theatre is an award-winning performance space and cocktail bar. We make and present productions with and from some of the finest small-scale companies in the UK. Meanwhile, our bar extends a welcome before and after each show, as well as those who enjoy a midweek cocktail or a dance into the small hours. ‘An organisation crucial to the ecology of theatre in the UK’ THE GUARDIAN November 2015 ‘A refreshing break with tradition’ EXETER LIVING December 2015
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We came here to see the play "A Little Bit OCD" (which was a 5* performance by the way!). We arrived early and had soup and bread - I think it was chorizo and sweet potato - anyway it was delicious and really cheap (like £4?) and a decent enough portion for dinner. There isn't much choice for food though. After the play we stayed for cocktails, which were really scrummy. I had to try not to drink them too fast! Overall a great evening out.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

A really unique and intimate theatre experience ... We visited for the first time recently having had the play Eliza and the swans recommended..we were not disappointed!...there is a lively bar and we had booked for a light meal before hand..the menu is very limited and so we opted for the many choices nearby but the bar was great

1  Thank mike c
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is our first time to the theatre. Can't comment on the food as we only had drinks, but we had to queue for ages in the interval, but mainly due to rude people pushing in!. Nice relaxed atmosphere and arty surroundings, but the main reason for going......The Exeter Blitz Project.Where do I start, a truly mesmorising evening, mainly a selection of acounts of the war from Exeter residents. The auditorium (?) has a real natural charm, which blended brilliantly with this particular show. The acting was just great and I was glued to my seat and enjoying every minute of the production. Will be back again soon and may even sample the fod and cocktails!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went in the bar/venue part here a couple of years ago and there was some nice music and an 'arty' atmosphere. On a visit to my parents' in Exeter, I returned with my brother. There was a door charge of £2, but nothing on!! It was much more 'towny'. Worst of all the drinks had gone up and it took 20 mins to get served, despite it being half full - just like the small cocktail. Like so many venues it seems like its success has gone to its head.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great bar tucked away on the infinitely cooler Fore St end of town (sorry bright shiny Princes Hay). Walk into a warm, welcoming subterranean feast for the senses. The cocktails are the best in town and the staff are rather ace. Oh and they've also managed to squeeze a whole theatre in there too. What else do you want? :)

1  Thank robin96