“Amaing food”

Curry Leaf
Ranked #95 of 551 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A newly redefined traditional south Indian restaurant offering an enjoyable dining experience. We have an extensive menu of expertly-cooked popular classics and delicately spiced contemporary dishes,including traditional South Indian dishes. Our Head Chef Mr. Bijumon K Varghese has over 27 years of experience in the catering industry. He developed his career working through world famous Taj group of 5-star hotels and Michelin Star rated restaurants like Veeraswamy and Amaya in London.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We cannot recommend this restaurant enough. We met up with friends for my husbands birthday here on a Saturday evening. The food is amazing and the staff were delightful (and sang happy birthday very enthusiastically). I agree with other reviewers that the fabric of the restaurant (dodgy chairs) isn't up to much but you quickly forget about that when your dinner arrives. In any case, were the building a beauty you might have to pay a bit more - the menu is incredibly reasonably priced considering the delicious nosh. Go Go!!!!

1  Thank Dev0np0ppy

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I tried this restaurant based on the reviews.
And decided to have dishes that I have never had before.

I had dinner with a friend on a Sunday around after 8pm...the restaurant was empty but it was a Sunday.
I decided to have the Dahi Puri (Bombay chaat) as a starter and the Appam with Chicken Stew as my main.
The waiter was very polite and the starter looked amazing. It consisted of three ball-like structures. He politely told us no to bite into it....but place the whole thing into my mouth and then chew.
There was a burst of flavour that teased my taste buds which begged for more...lucky there was two more to come. The item was a case filled with yogurt,tamarind and mint.

After that I was so intrigued that I anxiously awaited the main. Appam with Chicken Stew.
The chicken came with a sweet but peppery sauce. The chicken was very fresh and tender to chew.
The flavour was great......the pancakes were very nice although I had to use some of my friends' rice as the pancakes was not enough to soak up all that sauce. I wish I had ordered a separate rice. (I like rice).
The food was reasonably priced.

I would definitely recommend the starter Dahi Puri.
If you want to try something completely different than the regular Indian meal, then Curry Leaf is the place to eat.

1  Thank matrix1000
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Nothing like your traditional UK Indian restaurant so don't expect that.
The food is very unusual but wonderful, and reasonably priced.
Follow their suggestions for best results.
This has't been going very long apparently so get in there before the queues go all the way down the road.

1  Thank James B
Reviewed February 11, 2013

no atmosphere, uncomfy chairs, and a long wait for food.When it came, i personally did not like my choice, though i knew it was authentic, and well cooked.
This is very different than ALL the other indian restaurants in Exeter, so it is worth a try, but i do not agree with the majority of reviewers that it is excellent.

1  Thank Alastair Y
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Visited again this evening - it was packed with happy customers. Food excellent with yet more choice and dishes that I have never had elsewhere. Chutneys [date, lemon and "garden leaves" are delicious and all home made.

Rose Kulfi [again home made] is unique and wonderful