“First rate”

Curry Leaf
Ranked #95 of 551 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A newly redefined traditional south Indian restaurant offering an enjoyable dining experience. We have an extensive menu of expertly-cooked popular classics and delicately spiced contemporary dishes,including traditional South Indian dishes. Our Head Chef Mr. Bijumon K Varghese has over 27 years of experience in the catering industry. He developed his career working through world famous Taj group of 5-star hotels and Michelin Star rated restaurants like Veeraswamy and Amaya in London.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We turned up by chance on a Saturday evening and had a splendid meal. Food is from Kerala in South India and is much lighter than traditional. Interesting vegetarian food including starters. Masala Dosa for main course and Rose Kulfi. I think that this is the best Indian meal I have ever eaten. The restaurant was quiet and the owner and chef both took the time to talk to us and explain the food. The pickles and kulfi are both home made which is pleasant and unusual

5  Thank davyb1944

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Very high quality South Indian food. We are going to try the vegetarian options next time. Main courses come with rice – don't order extra unless you are extremely hungry!

4  Thank mineheadbrowns
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Excellent and inexpensive Southern Indian food, Dosas, Apams and Keralan dishes both vegetarian and meat based. Delicious and unusual chutneys freshly made, the best samosas I've had in a very long time! I have made several visits and each time find something new and equally outstanding to try. Highly recommended!

6  Thank jimmyl186254

Chef designed dishes for Michelin star Veraswammey in London
This food is amazing!

6  Thank DevonEpicurian
Reviewed July 31, 2012

i am an indian and working as a head chef for indian restaurants in england from last 7 years,i was in exeter last week with my friends who are regular visitors of curry leaf, they took me to curry leaf......food was so nice and reasonable priced,my first reaction was ....i want to meet chef, and when chef BIJU came to see me i offer him job, but my bad luck chef Biju owns that restaurant....but i must say if you love indian food sp'ecialy dosa you should visit curry leaf..
chef Biju all the very best....n we ll back for sure

5  Thank Pankaj J