“Great for all levels in climbing & lots of fun”

The Quay Climbing Centre
Ranked #32 of 119 things to do in Exeter
More attraction details
Owner description: There is climbing for everyone at the South West's largest dedicated indoor climbing wall. We have walls ranging from 7 to 15 metres in height and over 200 climbs to challenge everyone from novices to the most experienced climbers. Come along and have a go - join a taster session or one of our holiday clubs! Experience the thrill of climbing whatever the weather in the heart of Exeter.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great for all levels in climbing & lots of fun”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked an introduction session for my husband and our 7 year old daughter. It was just the two of them with one instructor. She was very good, showed them lots about safety and equipment, and they got to try out plenty of different types of walls. There is a big choice of climbing walls for all abilities and it was a really fun thing to do.

Visited August 2013

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great venue, but often crowded”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I do like to climb in peace a bit, and I find the bouldering rooms especially get uncomfortably full, but the design and the climbing in general is great.

Visited January 2013
Okehampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Quay climbers - good for novices and experienced grimpeurs”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent climbing centre now. When it first opened I was greeted by some rather corporate gym types who knew nothing about climbing and lots of poorly graded climbs of mid quality. Fine for the beginners and kids parties but for seasoned climbers rather annoying. Things have changed - the staff are much more chilled, decent music on the stereo and most importantly some local activists have been hired to route set and run the place. The place now has a number of interesting and quality routes up to about 19 metres in length, some seriously steep stuff, and grades from 4 - 8b with a very good spread of grades across 5s, 6s and 7s. I don't really boulder much so can't comment on that but as a climbing wall it's great, I'm taking my daughter to her first clip n climb tomorrow and its got lost of individual climbing on auto belays too! All in all fab.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best by far”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

After climbing for 20yrs, the Quay is breath of fresh air. Long awaited and well worth the visit. From walking in to the Quay we found it clean, fresh and had a great atmosphere. I found all the staff to be interested in me and my family, and how we where doing, we never felt like just another customer!
At one point I believe the person we where served by was one of the owners, that's service.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Steven R
Taunton, United Kingdom
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“Great Centre”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great place to take the kids. Everyone seems so caring and helpful. Will certainly go back here again.

Visited April 2013