Open today: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fabulous training and fun

Fabulous training for massage, I've been a model for a few years now and find Gail's training of... read more

Reviewed November 22, 2018
Aly H
via mobile
Training Academy

I have recently started my ITEC massage training course with Devon Academy. I am really enjoying my... read more

Reviewed October 25, 2018
rachelarmstrong89
Exeter, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews sports massage body massage gail exam anatomy teaching opportunities material therapist lowe studied teacher training
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Gail Lowe has been absolutely awful, she did not give any advice on her course, she also rips people off for money. She said it’s too much hassle to ring people and email them when she gets paid 250 pounds a month for absoloutley nothing. She went on holiday and no one could contact her midway through the course. Her emails are all over the place and you can hardly understand them. She also only refunded half of my money back when leaving the course even though I haven’t met her nor has she given me any advice. So she’s taken my money for nothing. She clearly likes to scam.

Date of experience: August 2018
Wanderlowe, Owner at Devon Academy of Complementary Therapies, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thank you for your review! I am sorry that you had a dreadful experience at Devon Academy, it is very unusual for a student not to thrive and enjoy their course. I have taught over 2000 men and women from all walks of life and age groups this way, with the same course materials and information and most of them have successful massage practices all over the Devon and Uk and are living the dream.

Devon Academy does require students to complete at least 5 online learning units (on average 3 hours each) prior to module one and when a student such as yourself fails to do that twice within a five week period after rescheduling your first practical module, it makes it impossible for you to keep up with the rest of your group.

Not all students suit the online learning process or the intensive nature of my courses and I think it was wise for us to come to an amicable solution and call it a day. You have received your agreed refund within 3 working days and hopefully moved to a more leaisurely course which suits your requirements.

Good luck with your training!

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

A great teaching ethos, Gail and her fellow teachers are dedicated and approachable ensuring a high level of happy learning. The teachers give such a high standard of teaching you will be driven to achieve and be the best therapist you can be. You can also book in as a customer for therapies such as reflexology, aromatherapy and sports massage.

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank massageandreiki56
Wanderlowe, Owner at Devon Academy of Complementary Therapies, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Hi there
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I understand that your one voice out of 2600 students that I have taught over the last 13 years and life being so busy these days, I much appreciate this. Good luck with your career as a therapist!

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

I am having level 3 body massage course. Gail is an excellent teacher who gave me a lot support and courage. The course setting is professional and efficient. Professional medical subjects like anatomy and physiology which help you have better knowledge base to step forward to become a professional therapist. The course also provide a lot practice opportunity, which polish your skills through your case studies. More important is, I build up my confidence during taking the course. Definitely recommend.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Sylvia S
Reviewed March 25, 2016

I enrolled with Devon Academy in August 2015, after many years of deliberation and searching for the right school to commence my studies. I was looking for a school that taught only massage, without any focus on the beauty aspect of the industry, since I was more interested in massage from a health and wellbeing point of view, with a focus on the benefits of integrative medicine and massage as a complement to conventional medicine. On speaking with the Principal, Gail Lowe, I knew that Devon Academy had the right focus for me. Gail herself has a background in medicine and with many years' experience in the industry, she was able to give me a good idea of what to expect if I embarked on this course of study, not only from an academic point of view but also from a business angle.

I successfully achieved my ITEC Level 3 in Body Massage, as well as Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology ITEC Level 3 in December 2015. It is hard work, since this is a very intensive course, condensed into a few months. Yes, Devon Academy do want each and every one of their students to pass and they do require a 60% pass rate on all mock papers before you will be considered ready to sit for the actual exam. This is to the advantage of the student as well as the Academy; who wants to sit an exam they aren't ready for? I can guarantee, however, that if you put in the work, you will be ready. I have spent many years studying to Post Graduate level in other fields and can say without a doubt that the level of tutoring in this college is outstanding. The knowledge demonstrated by both Gail and Derek is impressive and they do all in their power to ensure you are the very best you can be.

Extra tuition is often offered, if necessary, and the online study material is excellent. I have discussed the course with colleagues in the industry and they have been impressed and often surprised by the high expectations of the course and the level of knowledge students are expected to attain. I am now studying an ITEC qualification in Indian Head Massage and Sports Massage and hope to qualify this year. The courses are challenging and you are expected to devote time at home to study as well as practice. You get out what you put in on these courses.

For qualified therapists interested in the CPD courses offered, I can only comment on the ones I have studied, namely: Japanese Hand Massage, Thai Foot Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Seated Massage and Facial Acupressure, and can recommend them highly. These courses are the perfect complement to any therapist's tool kit and I feel these courses have enhanced my portfolio greatly.

I am very pleased that I took the plunge and enrolled with Devon Academy. I went completely out of my comfort zone to study something that would take me away from the safety of my computer desk, and I don't regret it one bit. The opportunities this has brought from a social perspective, as much as a career perspective are immeasurable. Go for it, you will not be disappointed!

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank LuluLapin
Wanderlowe, Owner at Devon Academy of Complementary Therapies, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! I am sure it will help other students in making a decision when it comes to which college to train with!

Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed the Facial Accupressure course with the principal of the academy. She was friendly, informative, professional and considerate. I was the only student and she could easily have put the course off until a later date but didn't so as to cause as little disruption as possible. Very much looking forward to the next course. Thank you Gail

Date of experience: March 2016
2  Thank Jodie W

Thankyou so much for your lovely review. It was lovely to see you again and hope to see you in the New Year for more training Enjoy your new skills!