“Good food but small portions or the price”

Boston Tea Party Exeter
Ranked #5 of 34 Coffee & Tea in Exeter
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, British, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Boston Tea Party is a small family owned independent cafe group serving simple well-prepared food & drinks made with great ingredients, skill and love. Ethically sourced, affordable, feel-good & excellent quality - made from scratch onsite everyday by people who care about what they do. BTP Exeter is one of largest Bostons - not that you can tell from the bustling & busy downstairs. It is the vast & imposing upstairs dining room that proves the real draw to the discerning folk of Exeter. Plenty of room to spread out.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I go here a lot for coffee as I like the chilled out atmosphere but I hadn't eaten there before. The quality of the food was excellent but I had a salad which for £7 wasn't that substantial. I had to have a cake to fill me up which was superb but It cost me more than I wanted then, would still recommend though as its a bit different.

MelSchroeder, General Manager at Boston Tea Party Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hi, fantastic to hear that you always enjoy your time with us, but not so good that you were not satisfied with the salad. If you could please send me your email address to exeter@bostonteaparty.co.uk, we would love to invite you for a meal on us. Thank you so much for your feedback. Hope to see you soon! Many thanks Mel

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Boston's is a quirky and fantastic place; I've been coming here for many years. Drinks are always delicious and the food is relatively good value for how tasty it is; it's generally organic and locally sourced too. Whilst some of the furniture could do with a revamp and the art on the walls there has good and bad seasons, BTP is a firm favourite that I always bring friends too. I've never been disappointed.

Hi, fantastic to hear that you always enjoy your time with us. Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Hope to see you soon! Many thanks Mel

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I visited this restaurant with one of my students. The food is excellent as in the others but the upstairs room has a very high ceiling and all hard surfaces so it was impossible to conduct a conversation! Certainly not the place for a quiet chat! It also gets very busy and the serviceis slow. Downstairs is small so you need to take your own food/drink etc upstairs.

MelSchroeder, General Manager at Boston Tea Party Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hi, thanks so much for your positive feedback regarding our food offer. Sad to hear that the environment upstairs is not your cup of tea. Many thanks Mel

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had breakfast here and were not disappointed. My wife had the eggs florentine and i had a full english , both lovely. My wife reckoned it was the best cup of tea she had all weekend. Would definitely recommend for breakfast and lunch.

Hi, thanks so much for your positive feedback. Great to hear that you've enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you soon. Many thanks Mel

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I came in and had a take away for breakfast and it was scrumptious. Wonderful service.. Exeter cafes need to take a leaf out of your book.. And good prices!