“Gorgeous”

Boston Tea Party Exeter
Ranked #11 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Exeter
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, British, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Boston Tea Party is a small family owned independent cafe group serving simple well-prepared food & drinks made with great ingredients, skill and love. Ethically sourced, affordable, feel-good & excellent quality - made from scratch onsite everyday by people who care about what they do. BTP Exeter is one of largest Bostons - not that you can tell from the bustling & busy downstairs. It is the vast & imposing upstairs dining room that proves the real draw to the discerning folk of Exeter. Plenty of room to spread out.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Lovely atmosphere, food and coffee!! Quirky and sociable; full of people of all age groups! Very diverse menu - am making plans to trial everything on it over 2013!! :)

MelSchroeder, General Manager at Boston Tea Party Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Hi, we look forward to having you visit us to taste all on the menu. Thank you for the kind words! Mel

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Bostons is a great place to grab top quality tea, coffee and hot chocolate ... It also has a fantastic arrangement of cakes, sandwiches and cooked food. The atmosphere is chilled and is the best place to meet a friend for coffee or brunch ... or just to chill and read a book, lots of room upstairs. I have been several times but most recently I went just before Christmas where I had the most amazing cheesecake ... I assume they make it themselves, I want to go back for more ... the best cheesecake I have ever had you must try it.

Hi, oh yes, we do make our cheesecake in-house. We look forward to seeing you soon for another taste. Many thanks Mel

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Not being a local I have visited Exeter quite a lot over the last 13 years due to my wife studying in Exeter and family moving to the area.
Now I always make a point of heading to the Tea Party when I get of the train in Exeter.
I always get a fantastic cup of coffee (I change my coffee of choice depending on my mood and current dietry needs) today I had a really good strong blend cafe latte which was very well made and by far beats the coffees in chain coffee houses (though I have a weakness for Nero). Today I had a piece of orange and almond cake which was delicious.
It was very busy today so the service could if been faster. But overall the quality of product more than justified the wait.

MelSchroeder, Manager at Boston Tea Party Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Hi Cassian, thanks for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you soon. Many thanks Mel

Reviewed November 25, 2012

They do pots of tea in all sorts of colours and countries. Upstairs there are loads of chairs of varying colours and sizes, sofas and wooden chairs, none of which are particularly comfortable. Great for college students.

MelSchroeder, General Manager at Boston Tea Party Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Hi, so good to hear that you appreciate our variety of teas. Not so good that you feel we have no comfortable seating. We will do our best to improve this situation. Hope to see you soon! Many thanks Mel

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Had bacon baps and chai tea. Lovely relaxed atmosphere, great tea, loads of bacon in the bap, no complaints. Would much rather go here than the more popular coffee houses. Reasonably priced, will definately return. Great kids menu too.

Hi, so good to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you soon! Many thanks Mel