“Good stay poor food”

Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stay as always at a PI is good. Staff are friendly. I stayed here for 3 nights due to a business trip. Some negatives are the restaurant, the range of food isn't great or good value for money. Plus there is no on-site parking only street parking which is not secure and an added expense.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
ExeterCentral, General Manager at Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Dan

Thank you for you review, I would like to apologise regarding the restaurant and parking arrangements at Premier Inn we always try to accommodate all guest, I have passed your comments regarding the menu range and our parking arrangements for you. However I am pleased that you found my staff friendly. I hope you will still consider us in the near future when visiting Exeter

Kind Regards

Kylie Monsees

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel has an excellent location right next to exeter st David's train station. Great little restaurant with a lovely menu. Comfy bar area. Very friendly team of staff. Comfortable beds. It's easy enough to get into exeter centre by taxi which takes about 10 mins.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicky M

Thank you Nicky for your review and taking time to post. It's always good to have feedback from our guest, and your kind words. I am so pleased you enjoyed you stay with us and found our hotel great ocation to the city centre of Exeter. We look forward in welcoming you back in the near furture.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The staff were welcoming and helpful, both in the reception area and the restaurant.

After changing room, to avoid a noisy motor humm/rumble coming from the room heating a/c unit above the entrance [which wasn’t even switched on…], the next peaceful spacious room with large comfortable bed provided a good nights rest. The bathroom was roomy with a full size bath to relax in.

There was a pleasant view of rail station square out of breakfast room window. Here some nice fresh warm porridge and poached eggs made a good breakfast. Plus the hotel is opposite Exeter St. David’s rail station, so you didn’t have to rush your meal to ensure you got your train.

The only minor point is the “house style” of silly small printed receipts, given out at reception, possibly to save paper. The microscopic print used, to make it all fit, means they aren’t easy to read. One wonders why bother with them in the first place – or perhaps it is a legal requirement…?

Room Tip: Rooms not overlooking the station square could be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your super review - I would like to apolgise for the issue regarding your first room however I am delighted that you that the second room was better and you a good night's sleep and also enjoyed our hotel during your stay with us. It is always a plesure to hear about my staff both reception and restaurant. We look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Great location, literally across the road from the station. Even though I was facing the station the noise from the road was minimal. Efficient and friendly staff. I would stay again and definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your generous review and my apologies for my delay in replying. We, too, are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, We look forward welcomimg you back soon

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Once again, not surprised by a Premier Inn, gave me all I expected from a "no frills" hotel ! Friendly staff, spacious room, comfy bed, pillow selection, tea/coffee, good heating/aircon, large desk area, Tv (full freeview tv/radio selection), good bathroom (fixed overbath shower). Great for rail travellers opposite Exeter St Davids station (a pleasant 20 minute walk into city centre, note steep uphill for part so you can hop on train 1 stop to Exeter Central if feeling lazy). Encountered only 1 problem (and can't really blame hotel) in that patchy mobile phone reception in room but fine in reception.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your lovely review "Surrey361 ". It was a pleasure I'm really pleased that you enjoyed our facilities to the full Guaranteed relaxation. We'd love to welcome you back on many escapes in furture

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Myself, my daughter and a friend of my daughters only stayed here for one night as we went shopping and for dinner and didn't want to rush home. From start to finish I could not fault it I have never received such a warm welcome in a hotel and all the staff we encountered could not do enough for us. The room was spotless and the breakfast was superb I will be staying again soon I hope!

Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your review and my apologies for my delay in replying Myself and my team are so pleased you had a Fantastic stay with us. it is so rewarding to hear your appreciation of the staff and how they made your stay worth while We'd love to welcome you back on many escapes in future

Reviewed January 2, 2014

all i can say is what a great place to go for a break ,the hotel is excellent ,the staff can not do enough for you,so helpful ,the food is highly recommended well worth a visit.
(a breakfast must with great staff )
Exeter is a great place for shopping and just having a wonder, hidden pubs nice walks, great place.

it does not matter if your Young or old , well worth a visit , plenty to do for both ,
with the train station across the road and great buses and walks.

Room Tip: have a relaxing dinner in the resturant
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your generous review and my apologies for my delay in replying. We, too, are pleased you found us a great place to stay. It is also a delight to hear the appreciation of the staff, We look forwarding in welcoming you back soon