“Top Rate”
Review of The HH Restaurant - CLOSED

The HH Restaurant
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Rate”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit & we opted for the lunch menu....Risotto to start & Lamb shank for main....delicious & superb value for money. Can't wait to return.

• Visited August 2013

Devon, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had dinner at HH Restaurant recently.
Easy to find with parking for about 6 cars.

We were the first to arrive and was greeted with a very warm welcome, by the very friendly young waitress.
Taken to have a pre-drink while choosing our meals.

The place is nicely decorated...... It was a Friday night and there were 2 other couples dining, the ambiance was just ok.......
The locally sourced food was beautifully presented.
We selected from the A'la carte menu and the the homemade bread was just perfect.
We enjoyed our meals.
The fillet of beef was cooked the way I liked it...but found the flavors a bit too subtle for me....my date loved the poached ark chicken.
The dessert was the best part of the meal for me.
At no time did we feel rushed.

I cant wait to be back to try there lunch menu.

1 Thank matrix1000
Budleigh Salterton, United Kingdom
“Delicious food.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

A wonderful find. Truly delightful staff. Delicious food, beautifully presented. The place to go for a special occasion meal.

1 Thank CornishC
“Excellent - and priced accordingly.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The HH is a place to go for a special meal. Nice sourroundings, outstanding service and a wide choice of excellent food... I really can't find anything negative to say.

Of course, All this comes at a price - Dont expect much change from £100 for dinner for two, even if you are careful. We stuck to the 'Simply Fine' menu (3 courses for £30) and I only drank one diet coke and water and my husband had a glass of wine and water, and we still managed to spend almost £90 by the time I added 10% gratuity... worth every penny though, faultless.

You must have the coffee & petit fours at the end of your meal if you have any room in your tummy - those home made chocolates are absolutely devine. ;-)

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Claire S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A simply lovely lunch”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely 3 course lunch followed by coffee and paid less than £20 per head - great value.
The food was excellent, as was the service. I would thoroughly recommend this gem of a restaurant. We will be back to sample the evening al la carte menu very soon.

1 Thank Josh1968