“Brilliant!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I believe this restaurant has recently had new management. The menu was 1/2 Indian and 1/2 American, it catered for everyone in our large party and I enjoyed the food. The male staff were very humorous, efficient and friendly. I unfortunately left an item behind and Richard kindly walked and met me 1/2 halfway to return my belongings. I would like to say thank you and I will be recommending Bombay Bills to friends.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The indian food at Bombay Bills is generally very good indeed (the few occasions when it wasnt could generally be traced back to the chef having a night off and a stand-in chef being in place and a change of management).

Although I am a regular customer, I did stop visiting for the last 8 months as service and food quality dropped significantly. Although I addressed my concerns with the manager of the day both during the evenings and the following day, I was left less than impressed with the responses.

However, I understand there has been a change of management a few times during this short spell but having been in again the other week (to see if things had improved), I can honestly say the food is back to being of a very high standard and the customer service very high again. This restaurant has soooo much potential to be outstanding and the very best in Exeter - I hope that it does and takes on board everybodys feedback.

Taniaone, Public Relations Manager at Bombay Bills, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review.
I'm really pleased to hear that on your recent visit that we have renewed your faith back in us we have been working hard to resolve the comments that you raised .
I have passed your review on to the staff many thanks and see you again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Had a xmas do with 70 friends maybe to much for them but should have said so food was terrible mostly couldn't be ate won't be going back

Taniaone, Public Relations Manager at Bombay Bills, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Im sorry that your Christmas experance was a disapointment with us. It was a shame that no one at the time made us aware so that the situation could be retified there and then. We have had many large parties at Bombay Bills and no such complaints. We hope that you will give us another try so that we can show you this is not our normal service level.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have eaten at Bombay Bills twice in the past few months - both times I had the Lamb Biryani which was delicious - possibly the best I have eaten!!!! However, the service is terrible. The first time I ate here the service was a little slow however, the second time we waited over an hour for our order despite placing it when the restaurant was quiet.

To be fair, despite the appalling service that night, the manager on duty gave us complimentary drinks and poppadoms as well as apologising for the service.

Thank you for highlighting the service issues front of house. We have taken this on board and hope that you will see a differance on your next visit. I am glad to hear that the food quality has not disapointed and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have only visited once with a group of friends but on that ocassion I was disappointed with the food quality and overall experience; pretty rowdy crowd of pre-club customers.

Taniaone, Public Relations Manager at Bombay Bills, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Im sorry that your experance with us was a disapointment this is not the level of service and food quality that we strive to achieve. I would hope that you will give us another chance to prove that we can get it right as we have spent time addressing these issues that you have highlighted.