White Hart Hotel
Mercure
  • Restaurant
$64
$61
Jurys Inn Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
$69
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
$68
$95
$84
Travelocity
$81
All reviewsfree parkingthe pubcromwell suitenewer partsecret gardencider barnooks and cranniescity centrecar parksingle roomnew wingfour postercooked breakfastchristmas marketfew minutes walkfull englishbreakfast staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2010

The boiler of this hotel was not working properly and I could not sleep at all. Do not go to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Hotel just about to start a refurbishment which it does need in the bathroom - bath ready for a change.

Otherwise very good - good size bedroom paid £119-90 B & B for 2 nights (2 people). Some noise from the street but balance that with being in the centre of Exeter.

Hotel doubles as a pub - really nice and can imagine it looks woderful lit up at Xmas. Building is probably listed for those that are interested in that.

Very helpful lady on reception.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed here on 9th and 10th August. Hotel is adequate but the bed was TOTALLY INFESTED with bedbugs! I WAS BITTEN ALL OVER!!!
When I mentioned that I had been to the local walk-in medical service, the hotel very kindly refunded my two nights' stay, but one should definitely avoid this hotel at least until it has been fumigated. I was unable to sleep the second night and had to spend several precious hours of my holiday at the walk-in centre.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Just about the best position for the centre of Exeter in a quiet road as it is just two or three mins walk to the main shops. I loved this and the price was fair, you get what you paid for but we can not return until this hotel is made to look clean and not so shabby. Also the staff (I think they are students with a few exceptions) need some training. It was as if the Management had called them in off he road outside to run this place. What a terrible shame as it is special and could be a wonderful money makeing Inn with the right dissaplined team. The Mature lady in the Breakfast room was working so hard that the service was bad. We could not eat the Breakfast it was so awful we Laughed. I have read other reviews and can see everone feels differently but we almost left after the first night and we are lower income people who usualy go Camping, ordinary may discribe us but we were dissapointed in our hotel stay I just hope the Management take note.
My first time at a review usualy I can not be bothered but I think this Hotel could be great.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

The White Hart Hotel is situated in the middle of town, opposite a Wetherspoon's pub. But don't let that bother you, their customers stay firmly on the other side of the road thank goodness, and don't invade and degrade this beautiful Hotel.
What makes this place really stand out is the fantastic old building and really nice staff. From my phone call to book the room, to my departure, all the staff are really nice and genuinely friendly.
Emily and Paula are on reception, and you could not meet nicer ladies, Paul in the old bar served my beer and food completely professionally.
The bar has many tables, a lot of them are kind of hidden round corners, making it perfect for romantic meals. The food is really good and so very cheap.
The new part of the Hotel was built in the 70's I would guess, a little worn in places, but perfectly serviced, and you can look out and see you car safely parked (for free) in the hotel car park.
You can take the lift if you don't fancy the stairs, and on the 1st floor is the dinning area. I had the full English breakfast there and it was really good, made better again by the excellent serving staff.
I paid just £59 for an En Suite room which included breakfast, 20% off the already cheap evening meal, I shall return here again each time I have to visit Exeter.
You cannot get this level of service in such a beautiful old Inn, for such a low price anywhere else in Exeter.

Richard Kaminski