All reviews city centre function room bus stop wedding reception night break good size both mornings cooked breakfast stayed for two nights a lovely stay room was clean and comfortable full english breakfast was excellent yogurt nicola wake quay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely hotel , Very friendly helpful staff, The only down side was breakfast it’s a buffet style meal, not run very well,useless toaster, and tea and coffee machine not working for the four days we where there. Otherwise a comfortable stay and good value for money. We will return if they will have us.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having read some of the reviews I wasn't expecting very much but The Buckerell Lodge Hotel was really rather nice.
We arrived after a long drive and were warmly greeted and billeted in room 14 on the ground floor. It was spacious with a huge bathroom (with a bath) and s comfortable bed, a sofa and a desk. Plenty of hanging space and a proper chest of drawers.
The curtains were great quality and kept all the light out so we both slept very well.
Breakfast was excellent.

We'd stay here again, definitely.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank angels1five
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We only stayed for one night but it was pleasant - nice staff and for the price we couldn't expect anything like it ! Slept really well and had lovely window view and great facilities in general I would definitely come back!

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Set in a pretty garden, and with easy parking, this seemed an ideal choice. However, the hotel was tired, the staff even more so. They seemed disinterested and even a little depressed.The rooms were, I would say,on a par with a shabby Travelodge. Nothing like the photographs on the website. Maybe they were better in the older part of the hotel. This hotel could be delightful but it seemed unloved and unmanaged.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

You won’t be able to sleep at night. I stayed here for 5 times, 2 nights per visit, only because it is cheap. I decided not to stay here anymore. I couldn’t sleep at night due to excessive heat. Radiators cannot be switched off and hot water pipe runs along the walls, turning the room into a sauna and bathroom into a steam room. Air con in my room didn’t work, but next room was working. The aircon machine was just outside my window, making loud noise. I had to keep the window open all night. Unfortunately it opens only two inches.

Trip type: Traveled on business