“Lovely Location”
Review of ABode Exeter

ABode Exeter
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We only stayed for one night but were very impressed with everything in the hotel. The staff being excellent. Great location and very noise free. Would certainly recommend to anyone wanting a central location.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear ‘Neil O’

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Excellent staff, wonderful location, superb atmosphere. Very highly recommended to others.
Beautiful restaurant. I can only thanks the General Manager and staff for their hospitality and for making this stay a very happy and memorable occasion. We will be back here again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear ‘Atrac007’

Thank you so much on behalf of the Brownsword family for your review. I’m so happy to hear such positive comments regarding my hard working team and will pass them.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have been coming to this hotel since 2006 and it's amazing, never ceases to impress me.
The rooms are all so unusual and quirky and the ones with a view over the cathedral yard are outstanding.

The reception staff (Bryony) and restaurant staff (Angela) make the place somewhere that makes you want to keep coming back...again and again!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear ‘Shaun D’

Thank you your review, I’m so pleased you continue to stay with us, I will pass on your thanks to my team who very much appreciate the positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Matt

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I visited Exeter for work (at very nearby Princesshay) and so the location of the Abode was perfect for me, and also sits in front of the beautiful cathedral.
Inside it is clear that the building is listed, and it is nice to wonder around the various higgledy-piggedly levels. That said, the rooms are nice decorated, very very spacious, and feel quite luxurious (even the lower tier ones!).

The staff were very accommodating, and the breakfast staff very kindly let me take my breakfast away since I was on a very tight schedule (thank you! Pretty sure they weren't necessarily supposed to do this, but I appreciate the effort, and hope no one got into trouble!)

The only points I would make is that sound travels in the building, and I could hear the the ground floor clock chiming despite being some distance away, and that they could do with having more power sockets, specifically next to the [enormous] bed, so that I could charge the phone that I use as an alarm.

Will definitely use this hotel again, as I will be working from Exeter regularly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear ‘pdanser’

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay with us. It is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and my team accommodated your requests with minimal fuss.

I have noted your comments and when we carry out future work on bedrooms scheduled for early next year we will look to address both points.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My friend and myself stayed here for one night over the weekend and cannot wait to return! Very professional, friendly and helpful staff makes things so more relaxing. Our room was ideal in size for a standard room though I'd have loved a cathedral view as ours overlooked the alleyway and therein lay our only real problem. The noise in the morning was pretty bad but to be fair you have to allow for life continuing on as normal and it can't stop just because you are on a break! It was just the noise of what I can only imagine was trolleys of supplies being pulled across the cobbled streets but boy was it noisy! I only had one serious complaint which was that at 9am we were disturbed by a window cleaner outside washing our windows and we were still in bed with the curtains back. We're female so were very embarrassed to say the least. About half an hour later he knocked on our door to clean the insides but we sent him away! I so needed this short break and it was everything I wanted it to be. The hotel location is as perfect as it gets! Walking distance to Exeter Central station, the shops literally on your doorstep and the loveliest coffee shops and places to eat there as well. Cannot praise this hotel high enough and we're already planning a break later on this year! Missing you already Royal Clarence! :-(

Room Tip: I'd have loved a cathedral view but appreciate that it would be impossible for the hotel to guar...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marquita J

Dear ‘Marquita J’

Thank you for your review I’m really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m sorry to hear you were disturbed by our window cleaner, I will raise this with them as they are aware to check with Reception before starting.

Please let me know next time you decide to come and stay so I can ensure our Window cleaner does not disturb you. I look forward to welcoming you both back.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Spent a couple of days on a break in Exeter and stayed the night here. I've had very many pleasant experiences at all levels of hotel over the past year but for service this place beats the lot! Lovely room with a great view over the Cathedral Green and probably the best receptionist ever!. I inadvertently left an item of luggage at the hotel. I phoned ABode when I arrived home in the far west of Cornwall and within an hour received a return call to say the item was in the post! Can't get better than that!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Five2wns
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear ‘Five2wns’

What a lovely review, thank you. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and to hear my team offered the excellent service all customers deserve. I will ensure your thanks are passed on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had a working visit to Exeter this week but this hotel transformed it to a really pleasurable experience. Fantastic rooms - quirky yes, but more than comfortable, in fact "upper class". The food offering is already recognised. Location is perfect; staff were great across the board and maybe the only regret is not having more time to explore the hotel and beyond...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear ‘David Y’

Thank you so much for your review, I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully next time allow some time for some R&R and explore the historic city of Exeter.

I look forward to welcoming you back.